Ways to Save Mother Earth Part 2
(A sequel to the hub titled, Ways to Save Mother Earth on my other account) Mother Nature has granted all the living creatures with copious blessings from shelter to clothing to food. Although she was so generous to all of her inhabitants especially the human beings, she is still badly treated and stripped of her resources. Illegal logging, pollution, depletion of the ozone layer and the like continue wreak havoc on our planet.
But thank goodness there are some concern environmentalist groups and pro-earth advocates that don’t only do their share in safeguarding the welfare of the planet but also constantly reminds other people to be kind to Mother Nature.
Keep in mind that if we continue to hurt our planet it will also fight back in the form of natural calamities such as powerful typhoons, cyclones and even twister, La Niño and La Niña, acid rain, red tide and the like.
Here are some things that we can do help save Earth:
- Use organic cleaning products. Most cleaning products have damaging effect on the environment. Shun away from using sprays with aerosol since it can harm the ozone layer and the environment. Use as an alternative the vinegar for cleaning taps, windows, floors, tiles, etc. You can also utilize reusable sponges and rags as a substitute for paper towels or disposable wipes.
- Shop wisely. Keep in mind that all the things you purchase, takes energy to create, grow, manufacture, package, transport and sell. It is a domino effect, and if you reduce your purchases you are actually cutting down on your carbon consumption.
- Prior to shopping make sure that you already take your meal or snack, since according to studies this will greatly reduce your expenditures. It makes sense, since if you are hungry whilst on a shopping spree there is a big chance that you will eat in a fast food or the like.
- Another way to limit your carbon impact is to refrain from disposable stuffs.
- Settle for the sturdy goods that will last for a very long time. This is not only economical but also environment-friendly, since this will reduce your expenditures and usage of things that you need.
- Use your computer properly. Computers are indeed one of the great inventions, since it is versatile and powerful. You can able to make a lot of your mundane tasks with it from making documents to researching into the internet. But too much reliance on your computer might enable us to consume a lot of energy. To be a responsible computer owner you need to set your computer to power saving mode after (at least) 10 minutes whilst inactive. This will cut down usage of energy by 60 to 70%. Do not leave your computer in on state for overnight or use it to print a lot of pages. Remember to unplug your computer when it is not in use, to avoid vampire connection (the computer still takes around 8 watts even when it is fully shut down).
- Use email instead of sending a written mail through post office, this will help us save in the preservation of our trees, since papers are made from trees.
My eighth hub in the HubChallenge.
- How to Save our Planet Earth
In 1992 World Summit held in Rio de Janeiro, getting rid of pollution was the main agenda as well as making our planet healthy amid industrial progress. However the ratification and implementation of this...
- Ghigz How to Keep the Planet Earth Green and Healthy
How to Keep the Planet Earth Green and Healthy
- The Causes and Effects of Climate Change in our Planet
Just a month ago, a powerful typhoon the worst ever perhaps in my province literally took us by the storm. Wow, the typhoon was so destructive and devastating that the tremendous damage it had made will surely...
- Homelessness and Poverty, Social Ills That Need Treatments
(Editor's note: This hub also provides answers to the question to: How to solve poverty and homelessnes and How to eliminate poverty and homelessnes below.) Poverty and homelessness is crippling the...
- Eco-Friendly Money Saving Tips That Fosters Good Lifestyle and Healthy Environment
Many are indeed aware of the present problems our planet is facing as people from all walks of life are doing their share, by actively participating in environment friendly endeavors such as tree planting,...
- The Cruel Greyhound Racing
In some places worldwide, animals were used to the hilt in gambling. Many of us for sure hear about horse racing, cockfight derby, betta fish fighting, spider fighting, pit-bull fighting and even horse...
- Worst Floods and Typhoons in the Philippines
An average of 20 typhoons hit the Philippines annually. Some of these typhoons ignited soil erosion and deadly raging flashfloods, which resulted to tragedies in the country that killed numerous people and...
- The Conservation of the World's Rarest Bird of Prey, the Philippine Eagle
If the American Bald Eagle is the symbol of United States' free-wheeling and vibrant democracy, the Philippines has its own emblem for her national sovereignty and freedom as well. The mighty Philippine eagle,...
- Power to Change Campaign of HP
With just four months after launching a noble cause, "Power to Change," Hewlett Packard (HP) hatched attracted thousands of people support. The battlecry of the campaign is to let PC users turn off their PC...
- Are Sharks a Prey or a Predator
Nature always works in a wonderful way. The wildlife, plants, the microscopic organisms and humans lives in harmony as each has its own niche in the planet performing their own tasks and duties to keep the...
- Wise Discovery Info The Stirring E-Jeepney Plying The Makati City Roads