What TYPE of people who you have THE LEAST PATIENCE

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 8 years ago

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12496040.jpg
    with and that you find TOTALLY EXASPERATING and why?

1. LillyGrillzit profile image77
      LillyGrillzitposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Those I find the most exasperating are people who choose ignorance either for themselves, or feed it to the general public.
      As a person who hungers after knowledge, my mind is filled with data, charts, interviews, books, scholarly articles, psychology, etc. This broad range of data  gives me an ability to spot patterns, inconsistencies, misinformation and nuances.
      Having always been leery of the pull of television, the blinking lights and the dumb-cow looks of roomfuls of people watching television: over the decades I opted to do without television for most of my life.
      Today I am surrounded by dangerous people who have chosen ignorance. Not sure what appeal there is to believe outright lies, and become people who have cashed in their humanity for television feeds and refuse (rapidly blinking eyes, shaking head from side to side, "no, no, no.") to look at any facts or alternate resources.
      It is totally exasperating because humans show less ability to reason than what used to be called dumb animals. George Orwell was right - modern society is an Animal Farm now. Peace.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
        gmwilliamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It is FAR WORSE than Animal Form.  It is Dante's Inferno.

1. LillyGrillzit profile image77
          LillyGrillzitposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It is bad for sure,

2. Kylyssa profile image91
      Kylyssaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I have great difficulty keeping my patience with people who utterly ignore the actual words I'm saying and verbally respond to imaginary cues in my body language and facial expressions instead.

I find it totally exasperating because I can't even get simple ideas across to them. They read so many things into the unconscious twitchings and shiftings of my face and body that they seem completely incapable of understanding plain English. It's even worse if I try to remain perfectly still and keep a neutral or pleasant expression on my face around such people because it almost invariably creeps them out, sometimes making them hostile.

2. janesix profile image59
    janesixposted 8 years ago

People who won't take you off thier group texting list,and text 20 times at six in the morning. Those people exasperate me.

3. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 8 years ago

People who are not progressive, woefully ignorant, do not want to better themselves educationally nor socioeconomically.  People who believe in living, even deifying a lifestyle which is detrimental for themselves and particularly for their children.  People who unthinkingly and willingly bring children into the world, knowing full well that they can ill afford them thus consigning their children to a childhood of myriad socioeconomic and educational disadvantages.  Such people should be tarred, feathered and dipped in scorching oil!

4. Kylyssa profile image91
    Kylyssaposted 8 years ago

My head feels as if it's going to explode when I'm around people who tell me I'm hurting people by helping them.

I usually bite my tongue. The one I actually lost my temper with and chastised was a coworker who kept bothering me and bothering me after she overheard me talking to the boss about keeping a specific set of evenings free on my work schedule so I could participate in a literacy program. This was over ten years ago, but she made me so angry that I recall it clearly. She called me an enabler and she used the phrase altruistic hedonism to describe my volunteer work and she meant it to be nasty. It was the first time I'd heard that phrase used as a slur. Unfortunately, I have had to deal with a lot of people like her. Luckily, most of them don't get up in my face and bitch me out until I snap like she did. They just bleat out a few nasty things now and again.

I say I snapped but I'm actually a bit embarrassed that my snapping was so mild. I told her she was upset because she enjoys being better off than other people and would prefer to keep it that way by keeping them down rather than by bettering herself.

5. serenityjmiller profile image74
    serenityjmillerposted 8 years ago

Those who ask me a question, then interrupt me to tell me their answer to the question.

1. Ana Kolomeka profile image60
      Ana Kolomekaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

LOL!!!  Amen to that!

6. Amanda108 profile image84
    Amanda108posted 8 years ago

People who generalize by making assumptions about certain lifestyles, family dynamics, religious or political affiliations, etc. and then treat those personal judgments as if they were objective fact. It results in treating groups made of a random common factor as a single entity or batch of stereotypes rather than as individuals.

It's especially annoying when the judgmental person insists that others in particular situations *must* feel/act/be a certain way and then refuse to engage in calm, intelligent dialogue with someone who counters their position. Or refuse to back up their claims with actual evidence. No patience there.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)