jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How can one go about joining the Free Masons?

1. ElitePoetz profile image55
    ElitePoetzposted 8 years ago

How can one go about joining the Free Masons?

2. danmayerisgod profile image69
    danmayerisgodposted 8 years ago

I could be wrong, but I don't think such an organization would really have public recruiters. It's probably sort of a "don't call us, we'll call you" situation.

3. Peppermint Thrift profile image55
    Peppermint Thriftposted 8 years ago

Definitely.  Sometimes if you know someone who is already in, they can possibly get you in.  Or if you have had a relative (i.e., a grandfather) who was a member currently or in the past, then they might let you in.

4. shirleybill profile image56
    shirleybillposted 8 years ago

You don't just join the Masons. You can join if you had a family member that was a Mason. However, you will have to have their full name, date of birth, date of death..if dead.
    You may want to do some research on the Masons before becoming a member.

5. apanh profile image59
    apanhposted 8 years ago

I am the current Master of St. John's Lodge No. 1, Portsmouth, NH.  If you are interested in becoming a Freemason the best thing to do is to visit a Lodge in your area and ask for a petition to take the degrees of Freemasonry.  Lodges have monthly meetings called Stated Communications.  These meetings are on a given day of each month (although some Lodges go dark in the summer), for example the first Friday of the month.  Generally there is a dinner before the meeting.  since you are not a member you can't attend the meeting itself but if you show up for a dinner and say that you are interested in joining you will get a warm welcome and an invitation to dinner.  This will let you meet the members and get to know something about the Lodge.

6. Earl S. Wynn profile image85
    Earl S. Wynnposted 6 years ago

The members of my lodge have a saying: To be one, ask one. smile