jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What does 666 mean to you ?

1. Tamarii2 profile image59
    Tamarii2posted 8 years ago

What does 666 mean to you  ?

2. weblog profile image56
    weblogposted 8 years ago

666 is a wonderful, good looking number.

You can see it this way, hat-trick sixers!!!

Mathematically, it is the sum of the first 36 natural numbers (i.e. 1 + 2 + 3 + ... + 34 + 35 + 36 = 666), and thus a triangular number.

3. swefelix profile image57
    swefelixposted 8 years ago

Many believe it's the number of the devil, but in fact it's a mistranslation and the actual number is 616.

4. dingdong profile image60
    dingdongposted 8 years ago

I know, I know... 666 means Six Hundred and Sixty Six

5. profile image0
    That's what I sayposted 8 years ago

From the bible  6 represents  imperfection.  3 represents intensity. Which = intense imperfection. Not so scarey after all.

6. paul_gibsons profile image61
    paul_gibsonsposted 8 years ago

ah yes... 666.. the number of the devil eh. It is actually also the first part of the telephone numbers of Environment Canada here in Vancouver. Coincidence? I have been assured that this is pure coincidence and no inference should be drawn..... smile

7. Whisperindave profile image71
    Whisperindaveposted 8 years ago

It is meaningless. It was always meaningless, mainly because it was a mistranslation in the first place. The "number of the beast" came from a book written by someone who was almost completely out of his or her mind. If you read Revelations it sounds like someone's worst acid trip! Blood rain, swarms of locusts, whores running countries, murders and devastating catastrophes, all at once, all to "punish" the "wicked." And yet stating only 144,000 innocent people exist on earth and are saved! of course the Beast is a symbol of some powerful man rising from the sea (the people) and becoming a king (tyrant) over all the earth by fooling people. Well, doesn't that describe about every politician ever? For years everyone has been trying to figure who this is. The number has been assigned to every president, CEO, dictator or mass murderer ever known. Meaning? the number is meaningless. Unless you are a Jewish Mystic Numerologist from 36 CE (AD) then you can't figure out what the number meant. But it was not 666.

8. Lor's Stories profile image61
    Lor's Storiesposted 8 years ago

well the sixth day is the start of Sabbath. God rested on the seventh. We only have six days to get it all done. Right.

9. Marcus James profile image55
    Marcus Jamesposted 8 years ago

Today it's the number of days I've been registered to a certain online community I contribute too.

I was a little surprised when I noticed smile

10. profile image48
    fun2hubposted 8 years ago

Hmmm, to me it looks like three affectionate SIXes standing together in a line much closer.

11. exquisitestill profile image60
    exquisitestillposted 8 years ago

I believe the meaning of 666 signifies the presence of the anti Christ, it is the notice of evil.

working