jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Are you ever too old to go to college?

1. lindiesl profile image58
    lindieslposted 5 years ago

Are you ever too old to go to college?

2. heatherleex profile image61
    heatherleexposted 5 years ago

No, but you can be too old to go to High School wink

3. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

No, as long as your mind is agile, alert, and willing, you can attend college.......at any age!  There was a story where a 95 year old woman graduated from college and intend to attend graduate school.   To our precious old people:  why waste away your life doing nothing, use and broaden your mind, attend college and be useful to yourselves and others.

4. MountainManJake profile image89
    MountainManJakeposted 5 years ago

I feel that you are never too old to go to college, but you can certainly be too young.  A lot of kids go right to college after high school and have no idea what they want to do.  They end up wasting their time changing majors and getting in trouble.  Once they have graduated they have no work experience.  Kids should instead get some work experience, find out what they really want to do in life, then go to college.  21 isn't to hard to ask right?  No underage drinking, no issues.

1. lindiesl profile image58
      lindieslposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I completely agree. I think once you are a little older, you appreciate it more and work a little harder. Too many young kids go off to college and end up dropping out or being kicked out for poor grades. I'm sure it doesn't pertain to everyone.

5. Leroyworld profile image59
    Leroyworldposted 5 years ago

No one is ever too old to go to college.  Dorm life is a little irritating when you are the oldest person in the building.  Go off campus if you can.  (Oh yeah, remember this, just because you are old enough to date your professor does not make that a good idea.)

6. Princesscool profile image38
    Princesscoolposted 5 years ago

It is never too old to go to go to college. Learning has no age barrier and there are many options available if one wants to complete his or her studies.

7. profile image50
    Yonder Moonposted 5 years ago

No! It should never be too late to learn!

8. Lovelovemeloveme profile image67
    Lovelovemelovemeposted 5 years ago

No. I dont think so. It's never to late to return for more education. What if someone chose a profession and 30 years later they decide they want to try something else, something new. " It's never tooo lateee "