jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

i was just wondering, isn't the manipulation of the law of attraction service to

1. profile image45
    love monkposted 8 years ago

i was just wondering, isn't the manipulation of the law of attraction service to self ?

how does serving yourself create a positive karma ? sure the universe will re-arrange itself to accommodate your wishes, but how many people will suffer because of your selfish desire ? i don't mean you personally raven and i have no right to judge (nor will i), but sometimes i just wonder if the law of cause and effect is truely understood by anybody.  your thoughts ? love monk

2. Support Med. profile image74
    Support Med.posted 7 years ago

Yes, 'manipulation' is.  And surely, the law of cause and effect will definitely catch up to you.

I believe, in regards to the 'law of attraction' that manipulation is something that you 'should not' desire to do.  Rather to understand that law, implement its practice and become skilled in it.  This will bring about both answers that are good for the individual as well as the bigger circle.

3. Beege215e profile image66
    Beege215eposted 7 years ago

Service to self OR Self serving?  Two different things. There is a big difference between taking care of oneself and being selfish. A fine line that must not be crossed IMHO  Even with all the positive Karma, the universe will NOT re-arrange itself to accommodate your wishes. Things may come into place sort of, but you have to work for it to be right.
    And I personall wonder if the laws of cause and effect have any relationship to the law of attraction.

4. Druid Dude profile image59
    Druid Dudeposted 7 years ago

It is not for us to manipulate, for if cause and effect are to "operate" properly, it is best to let things flow naturally. The more we interfere in the process, the more we are influencing outcome. That isn't cause and effect. That is bending things to your will. And yes, the happiness we seek in this life is directly proportional to the unhappiness we cause in obtaining it.