jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

"The Secret" (The Law of Attraction): Fact or Fiction?

1. Seek-n-Find profile image88
    Seek-n-Findposted 4 years ago

"The Secret" (The Law of Attraction):  Fact or Fiction?

Do you have a personal experience over time of the law of attraction at work in your life?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8604743_f260.jpg

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

The secret is ok, but very simplistic.  Yes, there is truth in it, but it goes way beyond "wishing and visualizing" etc. That is hyped up to sell books and movies.  Don't get me wrong, I thought the Secret was very inspiring in some ways smile, but it was way to focused on "manifesting stuff" instead of helping people develop empowered thinking, which then in turn helps the free individual manifest their own desires.  It was an oversimplification to be sure, which is why many people have tried and failed to get the principles to work. There is much more involved.

Seek-n-Findposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Empowered thinking--that's very key!  Thanks for the feedback.  :-)

3. Kiwi Max profile image67
    Kiwi Maxposted 4 years ago

I believe in the Law of Attraction. When I feel good I notice good things happen. Likewise when things are downhill, they tend to keep going that way.

It's usually little things like approaching a traffic light after driving from playing Squash with a friend and winning the day & it suddenly turns green, HORRAY!

Sometimes it's something more, like receiving an invite for the beta for a new game after finishing off a University Assignment and checking my emails afterwards.

The old adage "When it rains in pours" seems to speak to this.  It's quite interesting to be sure!

4. easylearningweb profile image92
    easylearningwebposted 4 years ago

Absolutely, I use it all the time on a daily basis, and it helps with all things in life. The "Secret" DVD by Rhonda Byrne is something I have watched over and over, it all makes sense and if you apply it and believe, it will help with success, confidence, good health, happiness and just about everything. The more you practice it, the easier it is, especially when you experience the benefits. I wrote a hub on it.

Happy Reading!

Oh cool!  I'll take a look.  Thanks for the comment!

working