Do you think that American population can appreciate poetry or do you think it g

1. Actioncameron profile image56
    Actioncameronposted 8 years ago

Do you think that American population can appreciate poetry or do you think it goes clear over...

2. ChristyJC profile image61
    ChristyJCposted 8 years ago

I have faith that there are plenty of people that still appreciate poetry, myself being one of them.  Granted, there's not as much poetry being published now because everyone wants to cash in on exploits and publish books of trash to "get paid" instead of putting out quality works.  But, as I said before, there are still great poets out there with a vast audience of hungry minds.

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image92
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 8 years ago

It is difficult to publish poetry in the US, relative to some other nations. For example, South Korea gives recognition to poetry as well as all arts, crafts, and other activities with a leader in each one that is financially supported by the government and called "Living National Treasure." However, we have millions of people here that enjoy and appreciate poetry and large numbers that write it, although many keep it hidden.

working