IS this legal for a teacher not to speak with me?

  1. profile image45
    eeseasonposted 7 years ago

    IS this legal for a teacher not to speak with me?

    Father paying legal child support who lives with mother in another state - We had mediation to establish visitation -- I want to be more actively involved in my sons life and have emailed teachers,etc. The teacher is now stating she can only speak to the Custodial Parent? I pay child support and see my son whenever his mom let's me and I want custody of my son...

  2. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 7 years ago

    This is an issue to ask your lawyer about.  Only someone who knows all the details of your divorce and the laws where you live could be able to advise you.

  3. profile image0
    loriamooreposted 7 years ago

    I agree with Relache that you probably need to speak with an attorney about the rules in your state, but I do know this:

    There is Access to School Records for the Noncustodial Parent. The majority of states and counties will allow the noncustodial parent access to school records.