jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you educate children on how to live a successful life?

1. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 8 years ago

How do you educate children on how to live a successful life?

2. dawnM profile image65
    dawnMposted 8 years ago

The best advice I can give is to be a good role model for your kids.  Most children live by example.

I just wrote an article on communicating with your children this might help.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/how-to-improve- … your-child

3. PlainViewDangers profile image53
    PlainViewDangersposted 8 years ago

Hi Jane,  Thank you for asking!  Plain View Dangers is first about educating parents, grandparents, physicians, counselors, (anyone with children in their world) about warning signs (prevention) of potential harmful situations and circumstances that are occurring in our daily lives before the become challenges in individual lives.  for example, warning signs of "the choking game" - red eyes, frequent headaches and disorientation after they've been in their room by themselves - educating people to be aware of and recognize warning signs - before there are horrible results.
    Another example - reading kids' body language that might give clues to depression, happiness, deception, etc.
    Another example - being able to better determine if someone is on drugs - dilated pupils - knowing how different drugs effect the body and what to look for.  I have many other subjects, these are only a few I have collected over the last 7 years.

An underlying theme will be to just be attentive to your child and their friends and the situations they are putting themselves in. To be a supportive and involved parent with open communication, not a controlling parent with no conversation between the two.  I want to foster a healthy relationship between parent and child that will last a lifetime, and not end at age 18 when they leave the home.  I am not an alarmist, but I do believe in being knowledgeable about the world our kids live in so I'm not blindsided if something works it's way into our world.

I am just beginning to write about all of this as well as learning about online marketing.  Thank you again for your interest.  I welcome any thoughts you may have. 

Warm regards!

4. Torch Harrison profile image83
    Torch Harrisonposted 8 years ago

The best gift you can give your children is a foundation of ethics and to teach them the ability to make a decision based on facts, not feelings.  Making children aware that they are part of a larger community outside themselves and that they need to consider this when making decisions helps them not to be selfish and greedy.  And most importantly...that success is not quantified by money or status, but by the wonder of living life to the fullest, each and every day that makes one successful.  If you are not happy...you're not a success.

5. saanj H profile image76
    saanj Hposted 7 years ago

Hi'

It is said that learning begins at home. So, you need to be a role model for your child. Children imitate the elders. So it is our duty to set up good and valuable examples before our children and this will automatically help them to live a successful life.

For more information on student life and tips for motivating your children, I can suggest you a website to help you get an exposure to a good number of articles. log on to http://www.edurite.com

6. profile image44
    pmpaustraliaposted 6 years ago

I don't know if education prepares you for a successful life. Nobody I have spoken to can convince me of the above statement. I would like to tell my kids some  things i learnt the hard way and enough education to be anything they want to be.
    http://www.amacademyonline.com/

working