jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

if you are dead broke for a day, would you you do?

1. papishak profile image56
    papishakposted 7 years ago

if you are dead broke for a day, would you you do?

Would you go on sulking , grumpy or sad?? What?? or Would you pull people around you to be sad too?? Simply would you brush off the idea of being broke and you just life this moment as it is.. being a happy being?

2. profile image59
    foreignpressposted 7 years ago

I'm going through a downsizing phase. My attitude is: Less is more. So I'm learning to how to do things that don't cost money. In the process I'm learning how to appreciate things that I've always taken for granted.
       Bicycling is great during the spring and summer. I've got an old Giant OCR3 21-speed that I take on the bike paths. I cruise around and see things that I would never see driving the streets. I also have an old Specialized Rockhopper I found at a thrift store. I learned basic bicycle repair and so I take that to the hills sometimes.
       Almost always there are events going on that are free to the public. Sometimes it's wine or beer tastings (if you're of age), or art galleries always have showings.
       You could always volunteer your time for the day for something that interests you. Parks and Rec always need volunteers to help with sports activities. And there's trail building and maintenance for area parks.
       When was the last time you read a book? The problem here isn't that there isn't anything to do. It's the person who refuses to take the initiative.

3. lilian_sg profile image74
    lilian_sgposted 7 years ago

I think I would go out and work for money. Either get some simple job like waitressing or busking for money.

4. GNelson profile image78
    GNelsonposted 7 years ago

I would go to the beach and wait until tomorrow.

5. downpourofwords profile image41
    downpourofwordsposted 6 years ago

I would think, ponder, chalk out a plan and start working on it from the next day. No hurry to get going since well planned work reaps more benefits than unplanned ones.