jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the best way to help my new born (7week old) baby sleep?

1. SakiSan profile image61
    SakiSanposted 7 years ago

What is the best way to help my new born (7week old) baby sleep?

I feed, Change, Shush, Rock, and still no satisfaction. sad  Any advice?!

2. Joni Douglas profile image83
    Joni Douglasposted 7 years ago

If you really have a problem, take the baby for a ride in the car.  There is something soothing about the motion and motor humming.
    Is baby nursing? or Bottle fed?  It may make a difference.  One of my kids didn't like my milk and was fussy, put him on formula and he was a perfect baby.  It just happens sometimes.

3. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

Calm babies sleep best, and what doesn't help a baby sleep is to overlook how important it is to always help him have a sense of being calm and secure a good part of the day, and then start thinking about that sense of feeling calm and secure only when sleep time comes read more

4. valery elias profile image59
    valery eliasposted 7 years ago

Sometimes running a fan or a vacuum cleaner will help create white noise, and is enough to help a baby sleep. It won't help you sleep though.

5. days leaper profile image79
    days leaperposted 7 years ago

Standing up, Gently shake your knees, while safely holding the baby.  If kneeling make a gentle bobbing up and down motion as though in water with a gentle wave current.  You can go side to side as well.
    If baby has gas s/he won't sleep, rub back while placing at an angle so that any resultant sick will come up unrestricted.  You can do this with the above exercise.  Allow baby to burp, can take hours so avoid anything fizzy!
    finally, baby might pick up any stresses, whether in family, or on caregivers face.  Always keep calm, try to look pleasant with a nice smile, a mild smile will do.  One that says 'I'm pleased to see you'.