What are the best ways for tutors to find work?
What have people found most effective - advertising in papers, online, social media or word-of-mouth.
Finding tutor who is good enough to teach properly is somehow a difficult thing but you can do if you have social skills.
The way of talking and presenting is all a tutor should have besides knowledge.
Search through the institutions is the best way to get tutors because you can ask from students how this tutor teaches and you also have chance to meet him in detailed way, then comes news papers or social medias.
But lively meeting is the only best solution to get good one otherwise you'll always go for try and then search loops.
You need to let people know that you exist. There are several ways to accomplish this.
1. Place an ad in a local newspaper or an advertisement in the school's student newspaper.
2. Have business cards made and post these on school bulletin boards.
3. Talk with the school's headmaster or principal and let them know you are available for tutoring.
4. Word of mouth advertising is the best. One student tells another and so forth.
5. Internet chat sites are excellent. YouTube, Twitter, etc., will reach lots of people.
6. Post a short video of yourself on YouTube explaining what you do.
7. Start a blog or website. Students can ask you questions and, for a small fee, you will answer their questions. The content of the blog or website is up to you, but don't stray from your area of expertise. If you tutor in physical sciences, don't start discussing the latest fashions in Bollywood.
These are a few ideas. But direct contact is always the best. In this respect you are like a salesman going door to door. Only you are selling your knowledge as a tutor.
I am a tutor myself, and agree very much with what people have said: the best way is through relations and references. However this is hard at first. To start off, I recommend going to local schools as most schools have a list of tutors for when students need them. This will get you the right exposure you want.
The next, best, step is to teach well and ask your clients (or their parents) to refer you to their friends and family members. It may be easiest to ask something like "do you happen to know anyone else that needs tutoring", this way you are not putting them in an uncomfortable position while still giving them the opportunity to help you.
by Jan Thompson8 years ago
Private tuition has come in for some scathing attacks from commentators and service users-alike. It would be foolish to dismiss the criticism without further thought, as such arrogance would serve to further harm the...
by Madison Green5 years ago
Is there a market for elementary reading tutors?
by Deng Xiang5 years ago
Why do different tutors offer different tuition rates?Why do different tutors offer different tuition rates according to• Their travel distance from their place to your house,• Their experience,...
by awboan7 years ago
What are the best ways to differentiate instruction in the K-12 classroom?All students learn differently. When modifying instruction to best meet the needs of all students within an educational environment, what...
by Sriparna5 years ago
Do you believe that peer learning is one of the best ways of learning?Please give some ideas in which teachers can inculcate effective learning through peer interaction.
by carol stanley4 years ago
What are the best ways to promote a service or product online?I know this is a huge question with many possible answers. I am curious as to all we do online and what has worked for you the best.
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.