jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why is there, a demand for professional tutors?

1. websclubs profile image54
    websclubsposted 7 years ago

Why is there, a demand for professional tutors?

2. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 7 years ago

as a former tutor I can tell you that since classrooms are so crowded due to budget cuts and fewer teachers,students need all the help they can get.
    a short evaluation and interview is key to tutoring and the first meeting is crucial to find out where their strengths and weaknesses lie
    The young student has different needs than the older student

3. KnowledgeSpeaks profile image58
    KnowledgeSpeaksposted 7 years ago

As a parent who has hired tutors, and as a tutor myself, the demand is there because parents either 1) want their student to excel (not just keep up); or 2) want their student to keep up. Classes are crowded, the curriculum can be difficult and too much, too fast. More is expected of our students these days and many need extra help.

4. itsandreawilson profile image65
    itsandreawilsonposted 7 years ago

well there are a few reasons, the quickest of which that comes to mind is that some people simply need help to learn and understand concepts or absorb information

5. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 7 years ago

I think in the  main it may be because class rooms are over crowded. This is a sad situation, because there must be many students who are just as intelligent and good at subjects as the top achievers. But many kids hit a learning plateau before moving on again into another learning curve. In over crowded classrooms there is often not enough time for the teacher or the pupil to get the best out of each other. I wonder how many kids have left school thinking they were not that smart, when in fact they were intelligent, they just needed a bit more attention and time.

If you can afford a good private tutor to get one to one for yourself or your children it would give huge benefits and probably reduce a lot of stress in the child.