jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Outside of the school you attended, what influenced your education the most?

1. Rafini profile image88
    Rafiniposted 7 years ago

Outside of the school you attended, what influenced your education the most?

Was it the music you listened to?  Or, the TV shows you watched.  Or, the church you attended, or family conversations?  Was there anything else that influenced your education and what you learned?

2. David Stone profile image72
    David Stoneposted 7 years ago

The passion to know what reality was, empowered by three older brothers who never accepted shortcuts and weak answers.

3. ptosis profile image81
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

Learned more at the library than I ever did at school. ( This is before the internet )

4. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Age and life experience.  Life experience can be a great teacher and offer some of the most effective "cause and effect" lessons that we can obtain outside the classroom.  Formal education is essentially a "license to learn".  It is the key that opens doors that allow you to have those "life experiences" that really teach one how to react to a similiar situation in the future.  Experience is invaluable and cannot be obtained any other way than living it.  Thanks. WB

5. baygirl33 profile image60
    baygirl33posted 6 years ago

I went to university in my 30's to satisfy a yearning for status .This giant step while I was rearing my children was difficult to say the least,but I will never regret it. Granted,that is not the only way to get status but for my mind set at the time,that was it. It gave me my teaching certificate and that gave me education in what life is.

working