jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

The "black box" flight recorder is never damaged during a plane crash....

1. Nishit Trivedi profile image59
    Nishit Trivediposted 7 years ago

The "black box" flight recorder is never damaged during a plane
    crash....

If the "black box" flight recorder is never damaged during a plane
    crash, why isn't the whole...airplane made out of that stuff ?

2. scramble profile image65
    scrambleposted 7 years ago

Because it is not so much an issue of the material that it is made out of, more that it is enclosed deep within the plane somewhere, is small (ever seen a little insect fall from a great height without detrimental effect?), and is a nice shape. Not only that, there are no people inside and if there were, they would probably be smashed to pieces inside the intact box.

3. Jaggedfrost profile image78
    Jaggedfrostposted 7 years ago

Besides that, the frame and structure of the box that makes it so stable is rather heavy and not very aerodynamic.  On land  the most stable shape is a equilateral triangle. that kind of shape isn't actually the best shape for an airplane to be precisely shaped into.  There are some air craft that come close but they pack so much fuel... yeah they wouldn't collide with the ground gracefully even if they could do so intact.   It has been tried and even when the plain stayed intact the people inside still managed to expire from the impact.

4. profile image0
    mynameiszigiposted 7 years ago

The only reason for which the black box remains intact is it's location on the airplane and not the material. To know in brief about this BLACK BOX Click on...
    http://hubpages.com/hub/BLACK-BOX-in-the-plane

5. drbj profile image83
    drbjposted 7 years ago

The little black box (usually red) on an airplane doesn't get damaged because it is made out of kryptonite. I know because Superman told me so.
    And we don't make airplanes out of that stuff because it is in such short supply. Superman's dad told me that.

working