jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What happens after death - in your view?

1. Shil1978 profile image93
    Shil1978posted 7 years ago

What happens after death - in your view?

2. dishyum profile image55
    dishyumposted 7 years ago

We will get to know this when we die..? Even if we get to know, will we come back to tell the world about it..?

3. mackyboy profile image48
    mackyboyposted 7 years ago

What happens after death? There are competing answers to this question.Those who hold to the world view of atheism believe that, at death, one ceases to exist. There is no afterlife or eternal soul that continues to exist. All there is to look forward to is our inevitable death.If this is the future of mankind, then we must come to the same conclusion as atheist philosophers of the past. Life is absurd and meaningless without God or immortality.

4. profile image0
    Chasukposted 7 years ago

I believe that with death comes non-existence. I don't want to believe this, but I have found nothing to convince me otherwise.

Mackboy comments that, "Life is absurd and meaningless without God or immortality." I am sad for him, if this is true. As for myself, I treasure every moment that I am alive, knowing that tomorrow I might cease to be. My family, friends, and lovers have given me great joy. Arguably, that joy is magnified (made more poignant?) as a consequence of its brief duration.

5. MarlonFulo profile image55
    MarlonFuloposted 7 years ago

Most Christians believe that there is life after death. Hindus believe in reincarnation. Other philosophical theories also espouse second life. but whatever it is, it is up to us to make what we currently have. If we are going to invest our lives preparing for the "second life"m well it would be our personal decisions to make.

working