Do you believe in Life after death? And what happens to you after you are dead?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 59 discussions (61 posts)
  1. Zubair Ahmed profile image75
    Zubair Ahmedposted 12 years ago

Do you believe in Life after death? And what happens to you after you are dead?

We are all bound to die one day...is there anything beyond death.  All religious people think there is  DO YOU?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5089402_f260.jpg

2. PAPA-BEAR profile image61
    PAPA-BEARposted 12 years ago

I believe what the Bible the Bible teaches, 'The dead are conscious of nothing at all.' Also as Jesus stated regarding Lazarus, he told those weeping to not weep, 'He is sleeping.' Sleeping was a common term for the condition of death. It was also Jesus who said there would be a ressurection of both the righteous and the unrighteous, how come if they had already gone elsewhere. Life is as it is now. No hidden mystery, no going to Heaven, or a fake place called Hell. It is simply in Gods hands. Life belongs to God. A resurrection to life was promised, that is not now.

3. Merlin Fraser profile image59
    Merlin Fraserposted 12 years ago

I suppose such stories were created to remove the sting of death, or as a nice way to comfort those left behind.

But  No, I don't believe there is anything beyond death nor do I think the archaic  custom of burying the dead has any place in the twenty-first century.  There are so many other ways to create a lasting memorial to past relatives than to remember them as a corpse rotting away in the ground under a stone.

4. Gerry Bern profile image60
    Gerry Bernposted 12 years ago

There is plenty of life after death.

Your body is made of the same particles that have been circulating in our universe since the beginning of time.

After you die, those particles just carry on circulating. If you are buried, then your first afterlife will probably be as a bunch of bacteria, maggots, beetles or other organic-matter loving creatures. Birds eat them, and part of you may then be the excrement that falls from the sky and lands on my hat.

It's great, everlasting life.

5. Ranzi profile image74
    Ranziposted 12 years ago

OMG Zubair that's one scary photo you have there lool.
    I'm not sure, I would like to believe there is an afterlife. I believe in the spirit word in some way.. felt a few ghosts here and there. Freaked me out haha
    But who knows, so many theories - maybe this is the afterlife and we don't know it... maybe there are many after lives waiting for us.. who knows !

6. HOOWANTSTONO profile image61
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 12 years ago

The bible tells you exactly what happens and describes like no other book, there is a  great deal of scripture, that explains the areas that reveal what takes place. short cut to a condensed version, if you have time to read.... ....http://hubpages.com/hub/Death-What-now

7. mepm2011 profile image59
    mepm2011posted 12 years ago

With all my heart, I KNOW that there is an AFTERLIFE.  I have had the privilege or sadness of burying 3 close family members, my father, my brother and my mother.  During the last, my mother, I watched the death process.  She knew where she was going but it was still a hard process getting there.  I believe that we have lived forever and will live forever.  This earth life is but a small part of our eternal life.

The hardest one was my brother because his death was totally out of the blue.  One day he was here, the next he was gone.  He served in VietNam....had the job of spraying Agent Orange.  Because of this, he was never quite right after he returned to the negative feelings in the United States.  No hero welcome home for him.  This added to his problems, I'm sure.  However, the feeling that was at his funeral made me know without a doubt that he was still there, still in the room, still living and breathing.  I KNOW that he still lives in Paradise.

My father left with the biggest smile on his face because I believe his Mom came to get him and he loved his mom.  He also knew where he was going and was totally at peace with his passing after 7 years with cancer.

We go to a beautiful place where we are just as we are here.  If we have purpose here, we will have purpose there.  If we have no purpose here, we will have no purpose there.  We will choose where we will spend eternity.  As somebody said:  Believe in the afterlife because if you're wrong, you're better off than if you don't believe and there is one!

8. Thesource profile image66
    Thesourceposted 12 years ago

I do believe in life after death.
    I also believe in life before birth.
    I also believe that most of you have lived many times before and you will live again many times, over and over again after every death.

However, you mind, which is not you, normally does not know about this. Your soul knows everything. It even knows when you will die and when and where your next life is. There is that possibility that you may not to re-incarnate again and stay in heaven too. In this case the soul feels it has acquired it's goal

In essence you are a spirit who is in the process of having many human experiences or lives.
    This opportunity to live as a human is a gift of God to you.
    Your soul request this each time and God is infinitely generous and facilitates this process.

1. profile image49
      hotmama41posted 10 years agoin reply to this

so you think we are being reborn again when we die? I just lost
      my mama last week dec5, I try to talk to her somehow and its just
      silence I believe in Angels is she one?

9. keenanideas profile image59
    keenanideasposted 12 years ago

I hope that we are reincarnated, it seems more worthwhile then rotting in the ground, or partying it up in heaven. Reincarnation is life again, seems so much nicer then being dead for eternity. Though sadly I believe there is not really anything after death.

10. profile image51
    sereneeposted 12 years ago

sigh.......well, considering from almost the very beginning of humanity we've worshiped higher powers, beginning with nature, then different gods then The God, all believing in an afterlife.

Actually, not believing is relatively new thinking.

11. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 12 years ago

You go into the 4th heaven to await judgment day.

12. profile image0
    Laura-Leeposted 12 years ago

That would be nice if there is life after death.  I hope there is some sort of continuation somewhere.  It doesn't seem right that death is the end.  I hope our soul goes on and reunite with our loved ones who had passed on.

13. badermunir2011 profile image60
    badermunir2011posted 12 years ago

yes  i  believe  life  is after  death  because  GOD  ALLAH  say,s  life  is  after  death  and  next  life  is  not  end  next    life  is  for  always   so please  prepaire  for  next   life.

14. Meg Ingram profile image61
    Meg Ingramposted 12 years ago

.i believe theres a heaven and a hell. that heaven is above us , and hell is  right here on earth. Your  probably like why is earth hell. Well i think its hell bc this isn't a perfect place, everything has its dark side here. Disasters , people killing people. etc. it would seem that way to me at least but im me and your you.
    in the end i hope one day i get to go home *heaven to be with my family ,

15. Ellenzhou profile image58
    Ellenzhouposted 12 years ago

It would be terrific if there is someone answer your questions about his life after death.  I believe some years later someone have the same looks with us would appear in this world, But there is no life after death.

1. amysmom44 profile image60
      amysmom44posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I most definitely believe your energy goes into another dimention. My daughter died on June 1st. I tell of my new found connection with her at my blog alspalpenny.blogspot.com  under "a little bit of magic and a little bit of tragic.

16. A_K profile image71
    A_Kposted 12 years ago

No one really knows. However, what we can infer is that matter can neither be created nor destroyed. In other words, your physical body transforms and breaks down, mingles with elements after your physical death. Consciousness is not something examined by scientists in great detail. For them something is either living or dead. Life has consciousness. Human beings have higher level of consciouness because they are higher living forms. Consciousness is not destroyed. That doesn't mean you can remember your past life. Patients that wake up after months from coma do not remember a thing. So death is like a long sleep. But does consciounessness/soul or spirit acquire a new physical body once it has been lost? Allen Kardec's spirit book (dictated by a spirit) addresses this issue according to which soul is reborn after death as believed in the Hindu religion. R.L Stevenson, a psychologist conducted a long research into the problem in diverse cultures and came to the conclusion of the highly probable nature of rebirth. Although, the mainstream scientific community saw his work with suspicion because of the nature of subject he was dealing with, yet he conducted his research with utmost scientific rigor and precaution. The Institute of Psychic research has a considerable body of indisputable cases suggestive of reincarnation. From the current body of evidences, we certainly have strong reasons to accept the truth of reincarnation.

17. Jonesy0311 profile image60
    Jonesy0311posted 12 years ago

I suppose it all just fades to black. I've heard attempts to tie the human spirit in with the knowledge that energy cannot be destroyed, only transferred. As soon as my spirit shows up on an MRI, I guess I'll re-evaluate my thinking.

18. profile image0
    Marie-AnneLeClercposted 12 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5199945_f260.jpg

Here is a nde(neardeathexperience) pic;

Yes Absolutely, there is much more to life than meets the eye...
    The best way in seeking the truth is to start with exploring good 'text' knowledge,followed by personal experiences. Good luck!

19. R. Anderson profile image84
    R. Andersonposted 12 years ago

Yes I believe in life after death, but I have no idea what to expect from it. I guess it is up to your imagination and what you believe in ultimately.

20. indravadan profile image59
    indravadanposted 12 years ago

our soul is an immortal body of light. It’s Absolute and super conscious essence is identical with God. Yet, this identity needs to be realized and unfolded within the soul. Toward this goal your soul undertakes many, many lifetimes in a physical body. You are now the sum total of all your past lives. You undergo every conceivable human experience as the forces of the body, ego and desire manifest.

21. ivantsoft profile image60
    ivantsoftposted 12 years ago

I am going to the better world for a while and then start a new life as another person. that is what Buddhists say

22. OneFineG467 profile image60
    OneFineG467posted 12 years ago

I don't know heaven and hell exist...or our fate decided on our earthly deeds where one will go...if so then how long one will  live in heaven or have to suffer in hell exceeding more than ones earthly life...

After death some become ghost haunting houses and chasing people or make a polite appearance and repeat act forever or keep flying around no need to work or eat...

23. Brett.Tesol profile image54
    Brett.Tesolposted 12 years ago

I hope that there is something more after death. Science has proven that energy never dies, it only changes form ... which suggests a form of rebirth is possible.

However, science can't understand or explain the spirit of an animal (human or otherwise) and what makes it come to life in the first place. Hence, there is still this unexplained area and the hope that we have missed something vital that allows for the possibility  of an afterlife, or at least another chance at doing a better job of this mortal life.

24. profile image0
    ExoticHippieQueenposted 12 years ago

Yes, I do believe that there is life after death.  Should we really think that this is all that there is? What then, is our purpose for being alive? Just as each of us has an instinctive "knowing" as to what is right or wrong naturally built inside of us, we also know if we listen to our natural senses, that there is so much more to us than just our bodies.  We are created different from all animals that live with us here on earth, and each one of us is unique. We are the only creatures that God has made that are capable of projecting our thoughts, fears and goals into the future.  The design of the human body alone, not to mention the vastness of space, nature, all speak to the existence of intelligent design.......namely?  God------an omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient being who loves us and only wants the best for us, even though we have the free will to make choices that often end up being very very bad for us.  I've read all the stores about near death experiences, and the death experience itself, and how many believe that the "tunnel" and "light" often experienced by the dying are little more than physiological changes in the dying brain.  But I have been with dying people enough times to know that a soul that lives in each of us, leaves our body at the time of death.  What heaven or hell is exactly like, I do not know, but because I know that my God loves me, I trust in Him to keep His promise of an eternal life with Him.

25. DANIELPRASANNA profile image70
    DANIELPRASANNAposted 12 years ago

I think No life after death we just decay that is all.

26. Slices of Life profile image68
    Slices of Lifeposted 12 years ago

Yes, I believe in going to Heaven after life and getting reincarnated when you're ready to go back.

27. fitnhealthy profile image61
    fitnhealthyposted 12 years ago

No one exactly know whether there is life after death. Though different religions believe on it, specially Christianity.

28. profile image51
    AshleySallyposted 12 years ago

yeah, i believe in life after death. It is punishment or gift of work, which done on earth. If you are doing good work then you go in heaven otherwise you will be punished for your sins or you go in hell. So please far from sins.

29. Kiwiwi profile image40
    Kiwiwiposted 12 years ago

Reincarnation?I do have a strong belief that we keep reincarnating life after life.I always get the feeling that I am destined to lead a different life then the one I live right now.So that is my belief smile.

Note : Some people love art and they are good at it.Some people love music and they are good at it.Some people love sports and they are good at it.I believe that its not just an ability but something we carry on from past life.I must have been a warrior in my past life's.Strong will and never accept defeat.

30. Freegoldman profile image40
    Freegoldmanposted 12 years ago

Dnt knw exactly waht 2 say...bt i believe we visit a new better world where there is no lust fr power,money or even sex........

31. Kyle Rivers profile image60
    Kyle Riversposted 12 years ago

I personally believe that there is life after death as well. I never had an NDE, nor would I make up a story of one. I also believe that the Bible has concrete evidence of life after death. Of course this is all based on a matter of faith and not scientific evidence.

For those quoting the " For the living know they are alive, but the dead knows nothing" scripture. That is probably one of the most overused scriptures by people claiming the ill-fated doctrine of "soul sleep."

Jesus did refer to Lazarus as "sleeping". Although, it never stated whether or not Lazarus's "spiritual" essence was somewhere else.

Jesus also told a parable about the Rich man and Lazarus. I believe that he was actually speaking on a real account, and not some made up story.

When Jesus died on the cross. His physical body was placed into the tomb, but what was Jesus doing for those three days? Soul sleeping until resurrection day? No. Jesus went and preached the good news to the "dead" and they were definitely aware of presence.

Here's scripture: 6 For, for this cause was the gospel preached also to the dead: that they might be judged indeed according to men, in the flesh; but may live according to God, in the Spirit." 1 Peter Chapter 4:6

Like I said, take this on a basis of faith in the Bible. If you're a naturalist then completely disregard my conundrum. I never believed in soul sleep, and I never will.

32. SerenaDoherty profile image61
    SerenaDohertyposted 12 years ago

No. I believe in science and that life ends to feed other life. Just as humans eat plants an animals, your body feeds the ground and creatures within it and so it continues.

33. Darrell Roberts profile image72
    Darrell Robertsposted 12 years ago

I have to believe in life after death.  Rebirth in some other world hopefully a better one is what I believe happens after death,.  Only the universe knows for certain.

Best wishes

34. lone77star profile image75
    lone77starposted 12 years ago

We don't need a near-death experience (NDE) to prove that we are not these Homo sapiens bodies. All you need to do is to step outside and to look without human eyes.

Creating miracles is another way to show that we are not merely and only physical bodies. A physical object cannot bend, break or otherwise circumvent the laws of physical reality. Only a child of God can do such a thing.

And if you merely remember your other lives, then you'll know that there is life after death.

I don't know what Kyle Rivers means by "soul sleep," but we each have a sleeping soul (true self) which needs to awaken -- what the Nazarene described as being "born again."

If we destroy the ego (with humility) then the true self can awaken, and the need for these temporary, Homo sapiens temples will be at an end. You can then live out the rest of your current life being a teacher or apostle. And when this current body dies, you will have continuity of consciousness, for the spirit is awake. This is the true, everlasting life, born of the spirit.

35. Bubblegum Senpai profile image86
    Bubblegum Senpaiposted 12 years ago

I'm open to the idea of a physical life after death, but there's been nothing to convince me that this is the case.

I do believe we live vicariously through other's memories of us, and heaven and hell is just ways of describing how people remember us: Positively (like Mother Theresa) or Negatively (Like Jim Jones).

36. bloggingguide profile image59
    bloggingguideposted 12 years ago

No life after death. Death is like turning off the switch. No more after that.

37. Nellieanna profile image67
    Nellieannaposted 12 years ago

I believe in what is true. Speculation and supposition are interesting and I will be pleased and not surprised if the truth includes a life after this one.  I do not know that till then, though. 

I do know about this life and what can be done here and now to assure that it is useful and uplifting during its time and that it would be a good level from which to proceed to another if there is another time to come after it. I regard what I've been given to make my journey here of value as a sacred trust for me of which to fully make the best.

38. TheQuietRebel profile image60
    TheQuietRebelposted 12 years ago

What an awesome question!  I'm my humblest opinion, I think we become worm food.  There's no magical place in the sky and its counterpart doesn't exist deep underground.  They both make for great stories but that's all they are to me, stories.

39. padmendra profile image47
    padmendraposted 12 years ago

No one could ever find out the place where every one stays after death. Scientists are struggling with it, as its the only almighty GOD who knows the truth and that too is impossible for human beings to approach HIM in this matter. By the way, if you happen to know about it, please inform me also. Thanks

40. Sweetie4471 profile image58
    Sweetie4471posted 12 years ago

yes i do belive that their is life after death!

41. summerclark7387 profile image70
    summerclark7387posted 12 years ago

I believe that the soul is immortal energy that reincarnates into new life.  When we die, our souls can either stay on this worldly plane as "ghosts" or be recycled back into the ultimate source of energy that all life spurs from.

42. profile image0
    HERBERT ubaldoposted 12 years ago

No, only those experience knew this but those people who are still living have no definite answers for these

43. whoisbid profile image60
    whoisbidposted 12 years ago

It depends what people consider life and death to be. I lived a large part of my life feeling dead because I was being tortured by evil people. Later on I escaped from them. I don't worry too much about physical death right now because I am so happy just to be alive and away from those folks and with my family.

44. shamani67 profile image59
    shamani67posted 12 years ago

Simply put, yes there is life after death. I had a near death experience when I was 7 years old. I remember it as though it happened yesterday. I am no longer afraid of death. I do not believe in God or heaven and hell. The Bible was written by man and is total fiction. I regularly Astral travel. Maybe some of you should try it. It is life changing. You do get to meet up with loved ones once you have passed over from this life. Our bodies are a mere shell. Once it is worn out we move on.

45. inthenickoftime77 profile image61
    inthenickoftime77posted 12 years ago

Yes I think there is life after death & for me, I believe in this wholeheartedly, but I dont think you have to be a religious person to feel like this. Religion & Spirituality are two different things.
    After my teenage son passed away very suddenly & unexpectedly from cancer,
    myself & the rest of my family have had several experiences on different occasions, seperately I might add, where we could smell him, feel him and hear him. He also moved things to make us aware that he was there. Before his death I sort of believed but was a bit sceptical. That scepticism has now gone. We will never know 100% what the truth is, until we ourselves pass over, we can only speculate. Having said that, it is not doing anyone any harm if a person does believe in life after death. If it gives them comfort during their grief to think that their loved one is close by & they will see them again one day in the future then grab it with both hands.

46. Molly Kathleen profile image61
    Molly Kathleenposted 12 years ago

There has to be something left after we pass. If you think about it, what are we? Pure energy. Little electrons and protons whirring around, creating energy! So I don't know if we, as a whole exist, after death...but there must be some type of energy, whether it be intelligent or residual, leftover. People say ghosts do not exist, but really, what are ghosts? Energy that has been left in an area.

47. how to man profile image61
    how to manposted 12 years ago

I do believe in life after death. This is an interesting question, because none of us have ever experienced death. But death is a real part of life. The only reliable place to find information on what happens after death is the Bible. In fact, it answers all of life's toughest questions: Why am I here?; What is my purpose in life?; What in this life lasts?; What is really important?; Where do I go when this life ends?; and How do I become what God wants me to be? Christianity is the only religion that is based on an empty tomb. The founders of all other religions are still in their tomb. The resurrection of Jesus gives us all hope of spending eternity with God. But we must believe in Jesus, the resurrected Christ for that to happen (Acts 4:12). Romans chapter six pictures how we die to ourselves and live for him. See Romans 6:3-11.

48. Zubair Ahmed profile image75
    Zubair Ahmedposted 12 years ago

I like you answer Molly, I believe that too our soul is an energy source which leaves this physical body and reemerges at the other end.  How that end will reveal itself to you and I is the big question.  According to religious beliefs  like Islam, Christianity, Jewish they would allude to the fact that this life is a test and the result of that test will be finalized after death - the reward will be decided by God dependent on your conduct in this life.

49. profile image0
    newday98033posted 12 years ago

A reasonable view of how we operate in this place is that we are lookers, viewers into space. We see what is. So when a life form is no longer operative as a viewing platform, the viewpoint operating from that life form will view from another perspective.
    What that perspective is, will have a good deal to do with what one believes should be seen, or what one wants to see.
    Regardless, death is tough to come by here. The whole place is life, is God, is experience. That appears to be the game.

50. SidKemp profile image85
    SidKempposted 12 years ago

The body will die. That is true. But will you die, or will I? Discover what you are, and then you will know if that dies, or not. What is certain is that all life is connected, and life continues on, everywhere and everywhen. That connection to life is healing. Individual beliefs, such as heaven or hell; reincarnation; or no life after death are insignificant and unceratin once we learn to feel connected to the larger Life of the Universe.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)