jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What are your views on school giving homework to your child?

1. soni2006 profile image80
    soni2006posted 7 years ago

What are your views on school giving homework to your child?

2. profile image49
    megahwatisarwonoposted 7 years ago

The purpose of school giving homework to children is to relearn what the school taught in classroom. It helps to build the confidence on solving the question that could bring benefit later in examination.

Indeed assigning many homework could be more harmful than useful, as sometime children can be stressed out due to juggling the imbalance of outside school schedules and homework.

I believe that homework do improve some of the subject I learn when I was young.

Although homework is important, assigning reasonable amount of homework also essential.

3. akbarifatma profile image56
    akbarifatmaposted 7 years ago

I think homework connects your child  with study.so its importent .

4. Traqqer profile image67
    Traqqerposted 7 years ago

I think there definitely needs to be some homework. Otherwise, I think children will tend to forget. Remember, kids have short term memory. They don't develop their long term ones until they get older. Having said that, there needs to be a balance in how much homework. Kids need to play as well. I'd say, no more than about an hours worth of homework depending on how old they are.

5. SheriSapp profile image61
    SheriSappposted 7 years ago

As a teacher of Spanish, I do not assign homework for the sake of doing so. When the kids leave the classroom, I can never be sure whether they actually did the work themselves or if parents or the internet helped. The only true homework I give that matters is to review and study for quizzes and tests. Any other HW assignment will be for practice, but very few points!

6. saanj H profile image76
    saanj Hposted 7 years ago

hi

My views are that schools have to give home work to the students as this can help them to stay connected with the teachings in the classroom. Homework gives a better understanding on the subject matter and to some extent and contributes to the improvement of the grades.

i feel that homework is necessary but homework should not be burdensome to the student.

7. profile image0
    Lynn S. Murphyposted 7 years ago

i wished that the school actually assigned homework that my kids could do on their on (like back in my day) instead of "making quality time" for bonding. it taught them NO responsibility for doing it because they needed help. made me nuts.

working