jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Has home schooling been a part of your life's experiences?

1. Ken R. Abell profile image80
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

Has home schooling been a part of your life's experiences?

2. blovegrovec profile image55
    blovegrovecposted 7 years ago

I've spent most of my life working in small Christian Schools that gave a lot of help and support to home schoolers.  My sister has homeschooled her two teenagers.  This fall I will be tutoring homeschool children through a Christian School that provides supplemental classes for homeschooled children.  I am an independent contract education consultant, behavioral therapist, and tutor.  My current contract is with the US Navy.  I anm therapist/tutor for a autistic boy in a Navy family.

How about you?

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Yes, I was homeschooled and intend to homeschool my own children.

4. Devanni profile image55
    Devanniposted 7 years ago

I home-schooled for a year.  Although I was taught by someone other than my parents, she wasn't a teacher.  To be honest, I hated it.  I felt isolated.  I also felt (and still feel) that I didn't learn much of an academic nature during that time.

5. Stacey T profile image56
    Stacey Tposted 7 years ago

Yes, My husband and I taught our children for about five years.  It was great, despite the obstacles we had to overcome.  With three children, two in elementery and one in highschool took alot of prep and time, but was well worth it.  Our oldest graduated from homeschool and our other two went until nineth grade when they chose to go to highschool.  Each graduated one year early and got a much better and broader education than those within regular school.  Wouldn't have missed it for the world.  Got sick of the ridiculous regulations and the curicullum being taught within the public schools.

6. Beth Ann Reed profile image60
    Beth Ann Reedposted 7 years ago

I've always homeschooled my 2 daughters who are 15 and 18.  It's a challenge and takes dedication but the experiences we've had and bond we've developed is worth it all.  My 15 year old only needs 13 credits to finish high school and plans on homeschooling her family.

http.//How My Homeschooling Failures Can be Your Successes

7. dinglefoot profile image56
    dinglefootposted 7 years ago

Yes, I was homeschooled for my high school years, way back  20 years ago when it wasn't a very popular thing to do!

Now I am homeschooling my children for the 2nd year. We love it! My son is just starting 1st grade and is already reading at 3rd grade level (well, public school's 3rd grade level). He loves school, and is always excited about the new things we are learning.

Some of my big motivations for homeschooling are a better education for my children and being able to teach them my Christian & moral values.