jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are there Parents who bully Teachers?

1. websclubs profile image53
    websclubsposted 7 years ago

Are there Parents who bully Teachers?

2. chan0512 profile image77
    chan0512posted 7 years ago

I know there are several parents who bully teachers. The parents just standing in front of the classroom and keep watching the whole activity in the room. They will complaint if their child don't get any attention or they will complaint if too much punishment was given etc What do you think? Is that a bully behavior ? smile

3. sofs profile image85
    sofsposted 7 years ago

Oh yeah I know there are my son's teacher used to be a wonderful soft spoken person and I have seen her being bullied by parents, I have intervened a couple of times.

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
    DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago

Well, my kids are long out of school, so my answer is from the past.
    I don't believe in bullying behavior, but I was never afraid to point it out if a teacher was out of line.  There are bad teachers who need to be called on the carpet.  Once, the parents' group I belonged to helped get one such teacher fired for handing out busywork dittos while he sat with his feet on his desk studying real estate textbooks.
    Obviously, teaching was not what he wanted to do, and he should never have been in the classroom at all.

I have also run across teachers who berate and bully kids, and I'm not above letting them know in no uncertain terms that as a taxpayer, THEY work for ME..and I'm not paying them to treat my (or anyone's) kids rudely! I don't call that bullying.  I call it, "telling it like it is."

working