jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the most rewarding aspect of homeschooling your children?

1. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

What is the most rewarding aspect of homeschooling your children?

2. Tony Flanigan profile image60
    Tony Flaniganposted 7 years ago

Until now, home schooling was never an option. The current situation in South Africa which has forcibly closed over 6000 schools, affecting millions of school goers has forced a re-think on this.
    The most rewarding aspect therefore would be that the children actually do get an education.

3. Lynda Schultz profile image57
    Lynda Schultzposted 7 years ago

The bond between my son and I has always been very strong, but has increased exponentially since we started homeschooling.  His confidence in his abilities and over-all personality have been more pronounced because of the positive praise and educational growth.  He no longer must compete or conform to society standards that are encouraged by the public school system.  Individuality is encouraged, and performance based on individual strengths have made a major impact on my son.

4. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I don't yet know what the most rewarding aspect will be of homeschooling my kids, though I know that for my mom it has been seeing my sister and I excel beyond anything she was able to do through the public school. She was able to offer us so many learning opportunities and tailor it to something we could really take an interest in, and now my sister has just finished a bachelor's degree in linguistics and I'm a full-time writer...and soon to add in medical coding and billing so that I can do my husband's third-party billing.