jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What strategies do you use to help your child stay focused while doing homework?

1. KnowledgeSpeaks profile image58
    KnowledgeSpeaksposted 7 years ago

What strategies do you use to help your child stay focused while doing homework?

See above.

2. girl4God profile image57
    girl4Godposted 7 years ago

Turn off the T.V. and sit at a table.  Sometimes we divide our children into different rooms so they can focus better.  I do not allow my children to have corn syrup during the school week.  I have found that my son especially has a hard time focusing when having it.  We cut out chocalate milk at school and he stopped getting color changes.  Thank goodness I figured it out in kindergarten.

3. SmartAndFun profile image97
    SmartAndFunposted 7 years ago

I also turn off the TV  and sometimes separate my two kids. Otherwise they chat the whole time and won't get any work done. Also, I sit at the table and read the paper while they   work. They get their work done when they know that I am keeping tabs in them. Fish oil is supposed to help with brain function and focus, but I cannot find out the correct dosage for my kids. I'd like to try it, though.

4. SteveoMc profile image74
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

Set aside a regular time.   Turn off external stimulation, tv, radio, music, etc.   Make it a regular parent time and do some of the work together, showing interest in what must be accomplished and acknowledging the work done.

working