jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Is it important to finish high school?

1. Rosie2010 profile image76
    Rosie2010posted 7 years ago

Is it important to finish high school?

My son dropped out of high school at the age of 18. The school didn't notify us until after three months after.  He said he would go to his class but would stop at the door and turn away.. he just didn't want to go.  He had been working in a warehouse operating machineries but every year he would have an accident.  A few months ago, he decided to finish high school and become a policeman.  He is in adult school now finishing his h.s.  I am so happy!

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4247299_f260.jpg

2. BaliMermaid profile image58
    BaliMermaidposted 7 years ago

Yes It is important to finish High School. In fact you not only need to finish you need to do as well as you can. That diploma opens many doors to choices for life you will never know if you do not finish high school.

Even if you never attend college or university finishing high school is a keystone moment in your life. So no matter what it takes, stay the course and finish high school, doing your best at all times in things academic.

3. Rosie2010 profile image76
    Rosie2010posted 7 years ago

I'm so glad my son decided to go back and finish hs.  Education is very important in our society.  Some might argue that there are millionaires who are hs dropouts. Yes there are, but they are the lucky ones.  But for those who are not so lucky get stack in a dead-end jobs and sooner or later they will realize their mistake.  For some it might be too late, but I thank God, it's not too late for my son.

Have a nice day,
    Rosie

4. profile image53
    helene.blissposted 7 years ago

Yes, bot only high school but also college. It will be your stepping stone to have a better future. But we must not think that that if you are not well educated you can't have a good life. You just need the right skills to be successful and having the credentials and diploma is a plus. What I mean is it is the key to have many opportunities to come your way.

5. bulalo profile image60
    bulaloposted 7 years ago

It is important to be learned, ma'am, not necessarily finish or complete anything.

6. saanj H profile image76
    saanj Hposted 6 years ago

hi

Yes it is very important to finish your high school . I would suggest you to finish your college as well. Education brings a lot of changes in a human being, not only physical but intellectual, behavioral and financial changes too.

7. Darrell Roberts profile image73
    Darrell Robertsposted 6 years ago

Yes it is importan to finish high school. it show that you could focus and accomplish a long term task at the least.  Many people who are intelligent leave high school because they feel they do not need a diploma, however when I look at people's resume, I tend to favor the person who completed high school over the drop out, for the simple fact I people who have proven they can complete something before moving on to the next thing.

I am proud of your son for going back and finishing.

8. whoisbid profile image77
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

If you have a choice to do this I think it is great to finish. Once you start working you will enter the real world and things will become really tough. At least in high school you can take a break from reality and relax for a while before things start getting unbearable.

9. beatmakersnet profile image59
    beatmakersnetposted 4 years ago

it depends. i have a very successful entrepreneurial friend who did not finish the 9th grade.

working