jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If aliens visited earth, do you think that they would believe in God?

1. rafken profile image77
    rafkenposted 7 years ago

If aliens visited earth, do you think that they would believe in God?

In all probability there is alien life, somewhere in the universe. If God created everything, they too would believe in the same God as us. Given the amount of different religions on earth, that all believe in one God, how different can they be?

2. Austinstar profile image88
    Austinstarposted 7 years ago

That's an interesting question for sure. By virtue of them being aliens I can imagine that we wouldn't have a clue as to what they think until we know them better.
    And if these aliens read the bible, do you think it would cause them to believe in God?
    Re-read the bible with an "alien" viewpoint and perhaps it will make sense. Perhaps it won't.
    Sorry, I know it doesn't answer the question, but I don't have any way to answer it.

3. ram_m profile image76
    ram_mposted 7 years ago

It all boils down to their level of intelligence. If they are same or moderately above ours, they are liable to have similar beliefs like ours.

If they are of much superior intelligence their concept would be different. God would not be some external power (as it is for us), but something within one's own self.

Does it sound far fetched. Look at the ape, a species closest to man. unlike man an ape  cannot introspect.

To the alien of superior intelligence we would be something similar to the ape. We may not have telepathic or clairvoyant skills like them (who  would also be using much greater percentage of their brain than we do) and unlike our concept of God in heaven they may find it within their inner self,

4. My Esoteric profile image90
    My Esotericposted 7 years ago

Assuming you define God as the God of Abraham, then no, probably not.  It would be highly unlikely they would have gone through exactly the same set of conditions that have led to the three million four hundred thirty-five thousand eight hundred and sixty-seven variations of God that the Christians have come up with to- date not counting the innumerable renditions from Islam and Judism.  Also, since the majority of humans on Earth do not believe in the God of Abraham, why would one expect an alien would.

If you define God as some spiritual essence that began it all, as I do, because you haven't got anything else better to call it, and, you know to the core of your being there is something more powerful than just you out there that you interact with, then maybe.  Why? Because they would face the same cunundrum we face, defining how it all began; what happened at Time zero minus an instant?  As well as knowing that once it happened, all that followed is connected to each other.

working