jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

what is gravity?

1. profile image45
    princesstrisha19posted 7 years ago

what is gravity?

Essentially, gravity is an attractive force between objects. Most people are familiar with gravity as the reason behind things staying on the Earth's surface, or "what goes up, must come down," but gravity actually has a much vaster significance. Gravity is responsible for the formation of our Earth and all other planets and for the movement of all heavenly bodies. It is gravity that makes our planet revolve around the Sun, and the Moon revolve around the Earth.

2. simeonvisser profile image84
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

The idea of the Answers section at HubPages is that you ask a question and other people answer. You're now answering your own question. You should write a hub instead if you want to discuss gravity.

3. profile image45
    princesstrisha19posted 7 years ago

I'm sorry I'm new here that's why i don't know.
    can i ask you a how can a answer the other hubs question??

4. Harry Santos profile image57
    Harry Santosposted 7 years ago

In Einstein's thought experiment, he compared that gravity could just as much be acceleration. Some sort of inertia force or something like that. I don't really know the details but, hey, what he's saying does make sense.

5. Curiad profile image78
    Curiadposted 6 years ago

Gravitation is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass. In everyday life, gravitation is most familiar as the agent that gives weight to objects with mass and causes them to fall to the ground when dropped. Gravitation causes dispersed matter to coalesce, and coalesced matter to remain intact, thus accounting for the existence of the Earth, the Sun, and most of the macroscopic objects in the universe.

*From Wikipedia*

6. profile image60
    Anish 68posted 6 months ago

Earth attracts  any thing towards it, that force is known as the  gravity , g=9.8 m/s

also there is another equationG = m1m2/r*r

this is the force  between two bodies  have masses m1 and m2 and seperated by a distance r