jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Were you ever bullied in school? If yes, how did you deal with it?

1. A_K profile image76
    A_Kposted 7 years ago

Were you ever bullied in school? If yes, how did you deal with it?

2. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i moved from foster home to foster home for a couple of years and being bullied was something that a few kids tried. i learned to fight really well really young so i ended up showing a few bullies the wrong of their ways.

3. Godlike profile image59
    Godlikeposted 7 years ago

I have never really been bullied, but as I see it there are two ways of getting out of it.
    1. Fight back.
    Pros: they might stop because they see that you will not take any crap from them and it also show that you're not a coward.
    Cons: They might take this as an opportunity to bully you even more since you're getting angry.

2. Ignore them, probably the best way.
    Pros: They will soon learn that it's of no use to bully you since you simply do not care and then they will most likely lose interest in you.
    Cons: They might see you as someone they have control over and that may make you a target for various things.

4. goody6 profile image52
    goody6posted 7 years ago

No I was never bullied in school, I was a lover

5. mistyhorizon2003 profile image94
    mistyhorizon2003posted 7 years ago

I was bullied, and as a very skinny girl who came from a good background I was branded as posh, no matter how hard I tried to fit in. I became an easy target and was too scared and naive to fight back. Finally I told my Mum, she called the school headmaster  (a lovely Welshman), and overnight the main bully left me alone. I still never really fitted in and was teased by my peers constantly, but the real terror went away. Now I won't put up with bullying of any kind, full stop, be it to myself or to others. I guess my childhood experiences toughened me up.

I have heard that many people who are bullied learn how to be funny, become the class comedian, and soon even the bullies like them and leave them alone. I doubt that I could have achieved this, but I can see how it could work for the natural comedians amongst us.

working