jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Can I use a adapter with output 12V in the place of the one with 7.5V output????

  1. Sneha Sunny profile image83
    Sneha Sunnyposted 7 years ago

    Can I use a adapter with output 12V in the place of the one with 7.5V output????

    I have a small keyboard which requires an adapter with 7.5V output. Its adapter is damaged. And soon I will buy a new one but till then can I use the adapter with 12V output as I have one. Will it cause any harm to my keyboard. I love my keyboard and don't want to lose it. 'm learning on it before buying a new bigger keyboard. It really helps me when I get bored..
    Anyone has suggestions?????

  2. Zubair Ahmed profile image80
    Zubair Ahmedposted 7 years ago

    I would recommend not to use it, although it may work for a while it would most likely damage the electronic components within the keyboard.  As you say you like that keyboard so we wouldn't want you to damage it.  You are better of getting an adapter that suppliers 12v.

  3. vydyulashashi profile image59
    vydyulashashiposted 7 years ago

    NO don't use 12V adapter. It will definitely harm your Keyboard.

  4. wandererh profile image77
    wandererhposted 7 years ago

    Definitely not.  While there is a chance that the 12V adapter can run your keyboard without damaging it, it is very much more likely that your keyboard will be damaged.

  5. framistan profile image58
    framistanposted 7 years ago

    The power adaptor must ALSO have proper polarity.  USUALLY the center pin is positive. ... but not always.  so if you connect voltage backwards it will damage the keyboard.  Some power adaptors are not DC (direct current). They are AC alternating current.  To sum up...

    The power adaptor must be close to the same VOLTAGE.
    It must be able to supply the required AMPERAGE  (or more is ok). And the voltage must be AC or DC as the original.  If it is DC, the connector end must be of the correct POLARITY.  The best bet is to purchase the exact replacement adaptor.

  6. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

    No.  Do not use anything but the correct adapter.  I accidentally lost a computer that way... plugged in the wrong adapter.  Blew out the motherboard.  Keep looking around... second hand shops, pawn shops.  You will find the correct voltage adapter.

Closed to reply