jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Do you believe in heaven and hell? Why or why not?

1. Christa Swope profile image38
    Christa Swopeposted 4 years ago

Do you believe in heaven and hell? Why or why not?

2. BuffaloGal1960 profile image73
    BuffaloGal1960posted 4 years ago

I believe in both because I believe in the Holy Bible.  God is great, Christ is hope and there is a place for the justified by the free gift of grace and a place for the unjust according to God.

3. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 4 years ago

Yes. I do believe its existence though one may find hard to prove. I am a believer of supernatural being. Sometimes it is not just seeing is believing but the six sense in you telling that it does exist.

4. Moody Damati profile image61
    Moody Damatiposted 4 years ago

yes ,for sure i do ,because some People are bad , and some of good , so the bad have a place , goodness have a place too ,its impossible to stay at one place at the end LOL

5. myefforts profile image82
    myeffortsposted 4 years ago

This whole life is a test. One who does good deeds will definitely have good results in the form of heaven and those with bad deeds will have hell on the day of judgement. God has given the man option to choose either way he likes. If he chooses the right path and spends his life as God has asked, he will definitely have reward for that. If he chooses otherwise, he will have the result as he did. Everyone is free tho choose whatever he likes but he will be answerable for whatever he does.

1. BuffaloGal1960 profile image73
      BuffaloGal1960posted 4 years agoin reply to this

If you believe in the Bible (and I don't know if you do) but it tells us deeds alone are not the way to heaven.  Christ is the only way to heaven according to God's Word.  You are right about the free will!

6. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

when i was young, we were taught by the nuns that heaven and hell exists. If you do bad, you will be tortured in hell when you die, live in paradise with God when you do good deeds

7. Disappearinghead profile image77
    Disappearingheadposted 4 years ago

It's interesting that for the early Hebrews they had no concept of an afterlife, only the prospect of sleeping with their fathers, both the wicked and the righteous sharing the same fate. Over time belief in the afterlife evolved and concepts of judgement were introduced as people needed the security that the good and the bad must receive a reward or punishment in order to make sense of the World.

Jews today have no concept of hell and indeed hell is actually a pagan ideology assimilated by the medieval church to keep people in obedience. Unfortunately Christians today would rather believe their pastors and flawed English translations of the bible rather than study the evolution of church doctrine and the history of its beliefs.

The concept of hell is morally repugnant and is in direct contradiction to the definition of judgement and loving ones enemies. Hell is a human invention.

8. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

From time immemorial,people have believed in the afterlife.They further believe that there are REWARDS & PUNISHMENTS in the afterlife based upon their earthly lives. It's in the human consciousness. read more

working