i have heart burn every day for which i take riniterdine for what is it that cau

1. profile image46
    sexycherene121posted 7 years ago

i have heart burn every day for which i take riniterdine for what is it that causes it ??

2. AliciaC profile image98
    AliciaCposted 7 years ago

Hi, sexycherene121. At the bottom of the esophagus (the tube that connects the back of the throat to the stomach) there is a valve called the lower esophageal sphincter. This valve usually prevents the acidic contents of the stomach from moving upwards out of the stomach into the esophagus. Sometimes the valve does not work properly and stomach acid moves into the esophagus and irritates the lining of the esophagus, producing the pain known as heartburn. People with chronic heartburn may have acid reflux disease, or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).

Certain foods and drinks may prevent the lower esophageal sphincter from working properly. These include acidic foods such as citrus fruits and tomatoes, fatty foods, onions, garlic, peppermint, spicy foods, chocolate, caffeine, coffee and alcohol. A stomach that is too full or being overweight or pregnant all put pressure on the stomach and the lower esophageal sphincter and can cause heartburn. Smoking and certain diseases like asthma and diabetes can also cause heartburn.

Ranitidine is a medication that reduces the symptoms of heartburn by inhibiting the production of acid in the stomach.

I hope that your heartburn is relieved soon!

working