jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you believe the earth is the center of the universe?

1. Jangaplanet profile image80
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

Do you believe the earth is the center of the universe?

2. Davorunner profile image83
    Davorunnerposted 7 years ago

Of course not! Well not geographically or physically. The universe is massive and ever expanding, there's no way we are the centre. From an existential view, however, you could say that if we haven't any evidence of life on any other planets etc, then we as living beings are the only ones who can appreciate it all.

3. alexfantastico profile image65
    alexfantasticoposted 7 years ago

It is the center of the observable universe. But this is a trick answer, because every single point in space is the center of the observable universe, if you happen to be there. The center of the universe is where the "big bang" occurred. I did see a short doco theorizing that a gigantic black hole is the center of the universe.

4. solar10 profile image59
    solar10posted 7 years ago

I could not say either believe or not believe as we do not know the edge of the universe

5. profile image52
    transactsposted 7 years ago

As alex, it's the center of what we can observe. But to consider that the universe has a physical center is nonsense.

6. Thesource profile image80
    Thesourceposted 7 years ago

I thought Galileo gave us the correct answer many hundred years ago.
    Those who claimed that they owned the "gospel truth" killed him.

7. Billrrrr profile image83
    Billrrrrposted 7 years ago

Do you believe that the earth is the center of the universe?

Yes, and it is flat too!

8. Mark Upshaw profile image60
    Mark Upshawposted 7 years ago

Of course it is!  What other universe do you react with???  The center of the universe is where you live and interact with the universe.

working