jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Is suicide better than constant pain on earth, or do you expect one to simply ig

1. gclitty profile image90
    gclittyposted 6 years ago

Is suicide better than constant pain on earth, or do you expect one to simply ignore the torment?

2. HattieMattieMae profile image61
    HattieMattieMaeposted 6 years ago

Fortunately sucide is never the answer in any situation. I do not expect anyone to ignore the torment, but if they ask for help and do the work with in themselves they will be free from that pain and suffering. It is only when we never face our issues or deal with them head on when they come and let them build up that it becomes overwhelming.  Suicide is never better, and most selfish thing a person can ever do to themselves and there loved ones.  If someone is thinking about that than please read my article on here Are you thinking about suicide?

3. Sarah Masson profile image70
    Sarah Massonposted 6 years ago

I agree, suicide is never the answer. I've lost two friends to suicide and the impact this had on their family, friends and myself was devastating. I think people need to realise that they only get one chance at life. Once you're gone, you're gone, there's no turning back. everyone has hard times but it's all a part of life. Asking and finding help is possible. Also people should remember that there is someone else feeling exactly the same way that they do and that things will eventually get better.

4. wytchie profile image58
    wytchieposted 6 years ago

I've lost people to suicide and I'd have to say that there is no question that suicide is the answer to.
    Having the strength and commitment to seek help for the problems is harder, but far preferable.
    Suicide leaves too many unanswered questions and can completely wreck the people left behind wondering what they could have done to stop it happening.

5. capncrunch profile image76
    capncrunchposted 6 years ago

Suicide is for quitters.  It is not a decision for the one suffering to make in taking their own life.  If one commits suicide, how will they have ever known how close they were to enduring the pain?

After suicide, how do we encourage others not to do the same for lesser reasons?

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

No suicide is not the answer but that does not mean one has to ignore the torment.  Is it mental anguish or physical pain that is the problem?  There are always people out there for support whether the issue is emotional torment or physical pain.  See help from a physician and a therapist.

Suicide in particular is a selfish act, leaving the family and loved ones in torment.  It is a permanent fix for something that is temporary.

7. profile image0
    Johnny Loveposted 6 years ago

To be frank, I knew a person addicted to herion. He couldn't stop so suicide was his choice. He left a note and tried to get people to see why he had no other way. It all comes down to a choice. How can anyone say what is right or wrong? It isn't for anyone other than the one hurting to decide. It does hurt a lot more people than one might think, but truly one must think for themselves.

8. felixtroll2 profile image61
    felixtroll2posted 5 years ago

I just know of someone who just did. I do suffer from mental illness myself and wish I could have helped. Well unfortunitely, it was too late.

working