Is the ferocity and frequency of recent disasters caused by our failure to care

1. Beata Stasak profile image83
    Beata Stasakposted 7 years ago

Is the ferocity and frequency of recent disasters caused by our failure to care for the planet?

Life is precious and beautiful and the simple fact it will some day come to an end is depressing enough. We've long had doomsday and millennial cults. The climate change hysteria propagated by scientist, educators and politicians has created such anguish that some people fail to understand that the Japanese tsunami tragedy was caused by a shift in tectonic plate and climate change is irrelevant to this event. While I believe we all should take greater responsibility for protection of our environment I also believe in the liberating power of rational thought that has freed us from superstition.

2. lawretta profile image77
    lawrettaposted 7 years ago

our failure to care for earth adequately is the cause of the recent disaster. i really hope that our governments and individuals as a whole will come together to care better for our planet so as to prevent more/greater disasters.

3. stefancando profile image68
    stefancandoposted 7 years ago

I don't think disasters are something we can control. Even if we are not very nice to our environment, we've only been around for a very short time compared to everything else on the planet. Of course what we're doing speeds up the decay, but disasters have happened before and will happen again.
    What we can control is ourselves. We can better prepare for disasters, we can learn about their causes, we can choose to live in areas less exposed to the forces of nature.

The recent earthquakes in Japan and New Zealand are not surprising events considering the unfortunate location of these two countries. We should never forget that it can happen much closer to home and take the necessary precautions (build stronger homes, live a bit further away from ocean shores, prepare for an emergency situation etc.)

working