jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Would you rather live in denial or truth!

1. HattieMattieMae profile image60
    HattieMattieMaeposted 6 years ago

Would you rather live in denial or truth!

2. Alosea profile image53
    Aloseaposted 6 years ago

Denial or truth would be determined by perspective.  Perhaps a solid personal "truth" to you would cause someone else to say you're in denial.  I think everyone would like to live in truth, but that would mean there would have to be a concrete truth to believe in.

You: "You're short"
    Me:  "To a child, I'm tall"

Is that denial or truth?!

3. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 6 years ago

I live in truth that I have written the greatest article on the earth.Thank you very much HattieMattieMae.

4. HattieMattieMae profile image60
    HattieMattieMaeposted 6 years ago

whoo hoo! Congrats Ambassador! lol Someone has too!

5. saanj H profile image76
    saanj Hposted 6 years ago

I would prefer to live in truth. It is always better to face what reality is than in living an fake illusionary world where things happen as you meant them to.  When this illusionary world breaks, it leaves you with hell lot of pain.

But i agree with Alosea, that truth or denial differs as there is  a difference in perspective of different people.

6. ptosis profile image77
    ptosisposted 4 years ago

According the the book "Denial: Self-Deception, False Beliefs, and the Origins of the Human Mind", denial of death keeps us sane enough to be functional.

Do you agree?

For example, do you believe this??

"when people don't understand issues like the economy or energy, they tend to want to see the government more favorably and trust the government more to deal with that issue. They also show an increased desire to avoid information that could undermine this trust." - AMT