jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should the Government fund stem cell research or should it be the people choice?

1. Darknlovely3436 profile image81
    Darknlovely3436posted 7 years ago

Should the Government fund stem cell research or should it be the people choice?

and get more involved in this research, I always believe in God help those who help themselves) what do you think?

2. profile image64
    Josh and Lindseyposted 7 years ago

I think the government should give research grants to those doing stem cell research, just like they do for other types of research.  Each project would need to be evaluated based on merit, etc., just like other research.  This research has enormous potential, and the United States is falling significantly behind other countries when it comes to research.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 7 years ago

The government should fund stem cell research. However it will then be controlled by them as well which is not in my favor. Stem sell research has been known to help many people in a great number of ways.

4. stemcellenhancer profile image60
    stemcellenhancerposted 6 years ago

The government should fund the research, and in doing so become part owners of companies that reap the benefits.

All too often we expect the government to pay for stuff, but then they (really the taxpayers) get nothing out of it when an idea goes commercial. We could easily rebuild our nation from numerous income sources if the government was to be a part owner of the technology - other than pay our taxes.

working