Where are the differences between German and American Culture?

1. Filou profile image63
    Filouposted 7 years ago

Where are the differences between German and American Culture?

Opinon question... Germans, for example, are allowed to drink beer with 16, on the other hand can only obtain their driver licence with 18 (17 by now, when driving with a parent). What are your views on this and other differences?

2. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 7 years ago

I have always thought the cultural differences are interesting. Other countries allow children to drink alcohol and don't even bat an eye at it, but here we put restrictions on it simply because people don't practice consumption control, according to the law makers who want to limit the age. It has always been my opinion that if you are old enough to die for your country, you should be allowed a drink, as some states refuse the sale to people under the age of 21.

My views on the driving age, I prefer people to drive at a younger age so they can get the feel for it and become experienced sooner.

I think I would like to go to Germany on a cultural exchange to get to know more about the country and culture. One of my friends is actually studying at a university there and he is enjoying his stay there very much.

working