What is the purpose of college?

1. plenti42day profile image58
    plenti42dayposted 6 years ago

What is the purpose of college?

a. learning opportunity  b. way of getting teens to move out  c. a waste of time and cash  d. social contrivance to get everyone drinking the kool-aid  e. meant to prove you can finish what you started  f. your own answer

2. profile image69
    daberillposted 6 years ago

In my opinion...

From one stand-point, it can be "all of the above" that you mentioned.

I guess what I'm trying to point out is that what you think it is for you will define it. You can't ask someone to define it for you. College is personal, therefore can be different things to different people.

3. profile image46
    pmorrissposted 6 years ago

College means different things to different people. For some it is the means to an end; they enroll in a degree that will enable them to pursue a particular career. For others, it is the pursuit of studying a subject they are interested in. And yet others do it simply for the stamp of being a college graduate or to satisfy societal expectations. One or more of a number of factors influence the decision to enroll into college. The reasons are as numerous as the college degree programs ( http://www.cc-sd.edu/ ) that are offered today. Many people find college to be an enriching experience, one that contributes not only to their prospective careers, but also to their personal sense of self, opening their minds to encompass the world rather than their own cosseted communities or realities, and giving them the confidence and knowledge to take on more challenges and achieve more than they would be able to without the college experience.