jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

How would you define your purpose in life?

1. midget38 profile image92
    midget38posted 5 years ago

How would you define your purpose in life?

2. Quirinus profile image74
    Quirinusposted 5 years ago

Making each present moment the best moment in my life, whatever the task at hand demands.
    Thanks for the thought-provoking question!

midget38posted 5 years agoin reply to this

One's purpose, indeed, is to live for the moment!

3. moonfairy profile image82
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

my purpose in life I think is to do things that make me feel good. What makes me feel good is making a difference in other people's lives and in the lives of animals. I care deeply and want to help, and so if I succeed at that, I've fulfilled my purpose.
    I love helping people and animals in need....my reward is the happiness when I'm able to do that.

1. Quirinus profile image74
      Quirinusposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Glad to meet someone of like mind in the community, moonfairy. Thanks!

4. pinkrose91 profile image60
    pinkrose91posted 5 years ago

To fulfil the rights of the Creature and his creation.

1. Quirinus profile image74
      Quirinusposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing a profound insight. Some of us are already aware that such fulfillment allows for great things to happen in our life and the world around us.

2. pinkrose91 profile image60
      pinkrose91posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sorry i meant Creator (God)

5. whonunuwho profile image80
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

I believe we are all born with a purpose in every life. We may not be aware of this always, and some may realize this at another later date, yet we should strive to fulfill our roles to the best of our abilities and hopefully to be a benefit to all about us and a blessing. I realized my role as an educator and artist. I have tried to share in my writing as well, and wish to provide a stimulus and a form of encouragement to those who view and read my works.

We all wear many hats that need looking after.....and may all of us be blessed with the ability to fulfill each of them well! Thank you,whonunuwho.

6. Civil War Bob profile image60
    Civil War Bobposted 5 years ago

The Westminster Shorter Catechism has it right in question #1: "To glorify God and enjoy Him forever;" which means I need to enjoy him and teach others to do the same right now!

7. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

To learn....

and grow!

8. edhan profile image59
    edhanposted 5 years ago

My purpose of life now is teaching my children to help people in their lives whenever they can. Seeing them growing up and soon having their own families. Guiding them the right path and seeing everyone health. That is my purpose and goal in life.

One of the many hats...to be a good father!

working