jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What makes people, people?

1. AmrilRadzman profile image65
    AmrilRadzmanposted 6 years ago

What makes people, people?

Issit just simply physically? or is it something else?

2. Roger Rabbit profile image60
    Roger Rabbitposted 6 years ago

I like this question. I would like to think it is our level of sentience that makes people, people.

3. micadeolu profile image45
    micadeoluposted 6 years ago

To me I personally believe its the cultural heritage and the common tradition that makes people, people.

4. mcrawford76 profile image84
    mcrawford76posted 6 years ago

I would say that it is a series of neural pathways in the frontal cortex defining our emotions, behavior, and reactions.

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Watson and Crick pretty well established  and described the mechanics of a physical form of a spiritual being a long time ago.

6. Kaniel Loughran profile image58
    Kaniel Loughranposted 6 years ago

Opposable thumbs, the frontal lobe, understanding of agriculture and sanitation, and the ability to grasp the concept of past, present and future. Most animals live presently, we can plan years ahead of time and ensure the event occurs as planned. The draw back to being a person is the inclusion of human emotions, which are terrific when in a pleasant mood, but sorely detrimental to our darwinistic well-being as severe emotional shifts or prolonged bouts of depression can hinder our ability to function rationally with consideration to self-preservation.

7. lilyintherain profile image58
    lilyintherainposted 6 years ago

I believe that we are more than the sum of our parts. I proudly note that I am a Christian, and that God's love for us makes us special. But I acknowledge that not everyone adheres to my faith, so on a more basic level, I believe it is our capacity to love that makes us human.

working