jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What does twilight mean?...heard of it quiet often.

1. How? profile image36
    How?posted 6 years ago

What does twilight mean?...heard of it quiet often.

2. kafsoa profile image70
    kafsoaposted 6 years ago

The redish orange light of the sun that appear when the sun sets.
    And it's the romantic movie that I like to watch wink

3. oldhorse profile image65
    oldhorseposted 6 years ago

It is the time of day in the evening when the sun is not visible in the sky, but it is not yet night.  Very similar to dusk, but emphasizes the quality of daylight at that time.  I am not sure of the origin of this word, though.

4. Drax profile image78
    Draxposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4962004_f260.jpg

Twilight is that time in the morning or more usually the evening when the sun is not visible but there is still light which is being reflected back down from the sky above by the sun below the horizon. 

I notice this particularly in Ireland as opposed to when I am in parts of the USA, the amount of twilight depends on what latitude you are at and the time of the year.

It is a nice soft time of the evening when the harshness is reduced, almost like being in an old house with a candle. It is an interesting thing to experience if you happen to live at a latitude where it does not occur.

5. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

That wonderful moment when the sun is just disappearing on the horizon and night is taking over.

6. NathanielZhu profile image71
    NathanielZhuposted 6 years ago

It's a chick flick about vampires. The novel is perceived as without substance. If posted on hubpages, it would be considered substandard. haha

7. Old Geezer profile image61
    Old Geezerposted 6 years ago

In general, most of the people who have already answered your question are, in my opinion, correct.  The term is usually used for that period between sunset and night.  There are a few of us, however, who also use term for that period between night and sunrise.  At least many waterfowl hunters do so.

The prefix "twi" does refer to between or twixt.  Thus twilight can (emphasize "can") refer to that period between dark and light.

8. Melissa.P profile image59
    Melissa.Pposted 6 years ago

when the pink sky turns into the purple/dark blue sky in the evenning. smile

9. sylviastone29 profile image57
    sylviastone29posted 6 years ago

I like the feeling of peace at that moment. Everything is quite and harmonious. I enjoy meditating at that time.

10. maria.rose profile image36
    maria.roseposted 6 years ago

Twilight means the time of the day where the sun is below the horizon line in either the morning of the evening.
    The kind of light you get when dusk is falling or dawn is rising.

working