jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

"Without order nothing exists; without chaos nothing evolves..." Vinnie Paz

1. Mr. Happy profile image84
    Mr. Happyposted 6 years ago

"Without order nothing exists; without chaos nothing evolves..." Vinnie Paz

I am just curious what people think about this quote? True, not true, somewhat true? Explain.

2. NathanielZhu profile image72
    NathanielZhuposted 6 years ago

It depends on the perspective

From a Physics perspective, it's not true.
    Existence does not require order.
    On the quantum scale, there is no such thing as order. Particles constantly float in and out of existence, and nothing is definite.

From an evolutionary biologist's point of view, it isn't true as well.
    Evolution is a very ordered process. Only organisms that are selected by natural selection survive to pass on its genes. That means, the order is that organisms can only evolve to better fit their enviornment

3. Mr. Happy profile image84
    Mr. Happyposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the answer Mr. Zhu ... very interesting perspective.  The quote is said from a sociological point of view. Any interpretation of this quote is good though - there is no wrong answer for this question. Unless you answer with: "Yes, Donald Duck is great."

4. DonDWest profile image60
    DonDWestposted 6 years ago

Chaos theory, I'll step aside and leave this for another day when I have a lot of free time to write a monster Hub.

5. Nelson Lozada profile image58
    Nelson Lozadaposted 3 years ago

Without order there is no predictability. No predictability makes planning difficult. As we know some beliefs are based on a divine creator who designed everything through order and organization. Thus life and existence became possible.

Without chaos we would not survive. Chaos is the factor that keeps us adapting and therefore having the ability to survive, overcome difficulties and jump to a new curve just by obligating us to have no option but to make due with what we have until we can find a better solution

What I have noticed is that there is a certain duality with the quote.

"Without order nothing exists". - Divine creation
    "Without chaos nothing evolves". - Big Bang Theory

But then again that is my humble opinion and I still alot to learn on many subjects. At least I gave it a shot.

working