How do you stay calm during finals week in college?

1. Becca Lopez profile image58
    Becca Lopezposted 6 years ago

How do you stay calm during finals week in college?

2. lovelife08 profile image59
    lovelife08posted 6 years ago

Take a break when your mind needs it.  Don't study all at once.  Do it in bits and pieces.  Study a little, then do something relaxing and/or fun, then study some more, and keep that cycle going.  If you cannot figure something out immediately, put it down and come back to it, when your mind has had time to freshen itself up.  Don't get angry with yourself when you can't get something right the first few times.  Don't do anything if you are too tired to do it.  Rest, take naps, eat snacks, and that way your brain will be in full force next time you pick up the book.  You study best when your brain is rested.

3. thebeast02 profile image85
    thebeast02posted 6 years ago

I try to study for no more than 2 hours straight, then I take a break to either play some video games or go to the gym / go for a run. Also the "late night cramming" has never worked for me, I have to get a decent night's sleep which also helps with stress. Don't try to cram for a test in one day, spread it out. I usually give myself 2-3 days per exam and do a little each day. Depending on the amount of material 1/3 or 1/2 per day, and then on the day before and day of, look over everything together and try to make sense of it. Granted I'm a history major so most of my tests involve cause - and -effect issues, so I have to look at things in a sequential way.