jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How do you keep pets calm during a thunderstorm?

1. CWanamaker profile image98
    CWanamakerposted 4 years ago

How do you keep pets calm during a thunderstorm?

2. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 4 years ago

We have three beagles. If the weather is bad, like a thunderstorm, they will eventually end up on our bed. Hannah, the oldest, will stay on the floor until the worse part is over and then end up in bed with us Each has his or her own place, but they can be bed hogs.

3. sangre profile image96
    sangreposted 4 years ago

If you have them around you at the time and they can physically see you it can help keep them calm. Try to act like it's no big deal and comfort them if they seem stressed out.

Making sure they are in surounding that they know are safe, secure and comfortable can also help settle them down.

4. Pollyannalana profile image85
    Pollyannalanaposted 4 years ago

Throw them out in it for a few minutes and they will be so glad to get inside they will be perfectly happy. Really.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image97
      Sherry Hewinsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

If you are seriously suggesting this, it's a terrible idea. Many dogs run away in panic during thunderstorms, even escaping enclosures thought to be secure.

2. Pollyannalana profile image85
      Pollyannalanaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I was kidding. It was a kidding day. Sorry. My cat is over 18 yrs old so that proves my love for animals. I only want to kill her every now and then.

working