jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How do I increase my brain power and IQ?

1. Dreatech profile image59
    Dreatechposted 6 years ago

How do I increase my brain power and IQ?

Can anyone help me with a link that can help me use the brain power effectively? Also how to increase my IQ/concentration?

2. NathanielZhu profile image72
    NathanielZhuposted 6 years ago

There are many brain supplements that can boost your brain power
    - Ginkgo Biloba
    - Fish Oil
    - Grape Seed Extract
    - Piracetam
    - Lecithin
    - Gingseng
    To improve your brain power PERMANANTLY by regrowing brain cells, I suggest taking
    - ALCAR (Acetyl-L-Carnitine)
    - Hericium (Lion's Mane Mushroom) as powder in pills

While taking these supplements, I suggest undergoing rigorous thinking.
    Brain cell growth require the proper nutrition + NGF (Nerve growth factors) AND Stimulation (Thinking)

I suggest reading multiple non-fiction books a week while on Hericium and ALCAR

3. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 6 years ago

They sell video games that actually make you use your brain now! I know SHOCKER right!? Try some of them. They are quite hard... but really get ya thinking!

4. PhoenixV profile image69
    PhoenixVposted 6 years ago

Lecithin is supposed to be good for your concentration and I have tried it and it seemed to work a little. They say, doing puzzles of any kind keeps you sharp, or at least I have heard that before.

5. BaliMermaid profile image56
    BaliMermaidposted 6 years ago

If you are older than 12 years old it's too late to increase your IQ but not too late to increase your knowledge.

There are some great books now - I think they are called Brainquest books that help anyone develop their knowledge and brain usage capacity.

6. jtyler profile image57
    jtylerposted 6 years ago

Read a lot of books.  Issac Asmiov has some pretty powerful reads.  Also, read a lot of the hubs here, especially in the philosophy section and try to understand what they're talking about.

7. JGoul profile image60
    JGoulposted 6 years ago

I think that IQ, if the concept has any meaning at all, can't really be increased.  Intelligence, you are basically born with.  Knowledge can be acquired, but not intelligence.  In my mind, asking what you can do to increase your IQ is like asking what you can do to make yourself taller.  You might be able to do something to increase your score on the test, but that doesn't change what the test actually measures.  So maybe there's an equivalent for an IQ test of wearing 3 inch stiletto heels, but it won't make you smarter, it'll just make you look smarter, according to the test.

working