Discuss the challenges teachers might face in orchestrating play for children wi

1. profile image45
    Alexistenposted 6 years ago

Discuss the challenges teachers might face in orchestrating play for children with special need

Be specific and provide examples

2. Rochelle Frank profile image93
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

I have worked with special ed kids on several occasions, but when I came to this question I thought it sounded like a final essay exam for a test.

Maybe you are a teacher... or maybe you are a student taking a final exam.

By using the word "orchestrating" I get the vision of someone directing various elements and instruments to adhere to a particular view of of a particular written composition with all of the specific notes played in a certain way at a certain time.

I have always thought that 'orchestrating' play was a bit oxymoronic.

With special needs children, you need to be more of an innovative jazz musician.  It depends on what  the needs are,  as well as the interaction and  the progression of the play time.

In my experience if the special players had a positive experience  and interaction and no one got hurt or had a negative reaction (even if it was not what one expected or hoped for) the  play  is successful.

I think the term "orchestrating"  doesn't fit well with special needs children. You can't necessarily expect an exact  predictable outcome with special needs children.
    It is not a symphony, but the music can be creative, exciting and positive.

working