jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why do some people attract mosquitos more than others?

1. moiragallaga profile image81
    moiragallagaposted 6 years ago

Why do some people attract mosquitos more than others?

Ever experienced sitting outdoors with a group of friends on nice summer day enjoying cold drinks and a barbecue and notice that the mosquitos all seem attracted to you and not seem to be bothering everyone else?

2. Matthew Weese profile image71
    Matthew Weeseposted 6 years ago

Different people have different odors, diet may play a factor, when you apply (Deet, or OFF) The mosquitos and horse flys avaid the area, due to the odor of the chemical......Maybe some peoples odor just does not appeal to a mosquito........

I'm a poet, hit me up on here.......Good question!!!

3. Theresa_Kennedy profile image73
    Theresa_Kennedyposted 6 years ago

If you eat garlic, the mosquitoes don't like the taste of your skin and go to someone more tasty.

4. YadiraE profile image88
    YadiraEposted 6 years ago

I want to know this!!! Mosquitoes attack me more than others. It's really annoying!

5. Rosie2010 profile image76
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

I am a mosquito bait.  I hate mosquitos!  Mosquito bites stay on me for weeks.  I love winters... no mosquitos.

6. mrpooper profile image54
    mrpooperposted 6 years ago

If you have a long nose mosquitoes think you are one of them. Therefore they will be attracted to you. Probably for mating. 

Alright, I confess, I have no idea but I tried!

7. NotTooTall profile image85
    NotTooTallposted 6 years ago

Hi moiragallaga,
    Great question!  Have you noticed that people who make their living in the great outdoors wear khaki colors?  It is neutral and therefore almost invisible to certain pests.
    Wearing yellow clothing will actually attract them ~ so don't.
    My Vegan friend insists that mosquitos can scense the blood of meateaters, and are more susceptible to being located and bitten.
    Hope this helps.
    N T T