jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do your dreams affect your waking life?

1. Matty Says profile image59
    Matty Saysposted 6 years ago

Do your dreams affect your waking life?

Throughout human history, dreams have influenced many lives.  Some see dreams as religious revelations, some see the future in their dreams, and some learn more about themselves through dream interpretation.  How important are your dreams in your life?  Random images, or insight into your life and world?

2. avorodisa profile image84
    avorodisaposted 6 years ago

I believe many of my dreams relate me to the subconscious mind of other people and their fears. I'm not sure they are individual at all. It's just that I could interpret them basing on my own experience. But then I see pictures that have nothing to do with me.
    Sometimes, however, I see dreams that have a predictory character.

3. Hunbbel Meer profile image87
    Hunbbel Meerposted 6 years ago

I don't know exactly, but after a worth-noting dream, I at least ponder some thoughts over it, as I may find a better idea about my future chores.

4. Tusitala Tom profile image64
    Tusitala Tomposted 6 years ago

What is a dream, anyway?   Most of us don't live in our bodies even when we're in the so-called awake state.  Our attention is drawn to the past and to the future most of the time.  How rarely we are 'in the now.'   Unruly imagination generally holds sway as our attention hops from one subject to another, drawn by something we scarcely bother to think about - an egoic mind having its own way.   This, of course, is not the real us.

When we're asleep an even greater part of our awareness is outside of our phyical confines.   And with such freedom all sorts of wonderful and awsome events occur.   No, I doubt they're just micro-electronic traces in our brains.  These are just effect not causes.  We (and that's the crux of the matter, this we or I) really is out there living our immortality.

And yes, some dream-like states can portray future events.  Of that I know from experience.

working