jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Teachers, how do you prepare for the first day of school?

1. LearnFromMe profile image94
    LearnFromMeposted 6 years ago

Teachers, how do you prepare for the first day of school?

2. Farmer Brown profile image68
    Farmer Brownposted 6 years ago

One of the things that I do to prep for my first day of school is to meditate on positive teaching experiences.  I try to channel that energy into an enthusiastic attitude - one that I hope will carry my class into a rewarding semester.  This mostly helps with my confidence in front of 200 students, but it also gets some students somewhat interested in what the class can offer them.

3. sholland10 profile image92
    sholland10posted 6 years ago

I start looking at my rosters.  I am lucky because we have a system that shows their names with their school picture, and I can print them out.  I start trying to put names with faces.  I create a seating chart.  I print out my rules.  I also print out any handouts I might need that go a long with my lessons for the week (I work on lessons all summer long and tweek along the way).

4. n.pady profile image56
    n.padyposted 6 years ago

Hi,
    Teachers are usually required to prepare for their first day of school. Things which are needed are:
    1. The Syllabus.
    2. Reference books/material
    3. List of activities for a particular session
    4. A sweet smile and teachers are set for their class.
    Mostly the children and the teacher are nervous about the first meeting, but it will all settle down once a face to face meeting is over.
    Check the link given below. Just some tips to help you.
    http://www.cbsenext.com/learners-portal … eally-help

5. Rosie writes profile image83
    Rosie writesposted 6 years ago

I pull their letters they wrote to me at the end of the previous year and read them.  It gives me a sense of who they are and what I can do to make their first day at school a really good one.  Students often reveal a lot about themselves in their writing.

6. alfetherlin profile image75
    alfetherlinposted 6 years ago

Prayer, deep breaths, and comfortable shoes and clothes.
    Before that, I re-read The First Days Of School: How To Be An Effective Teacher by Harry K. Wong
    I love that book and try to implement as many of Mr. Wong's ideas as possible.

working