jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are the benefits of public school over home school?

1. K9keystrokes profile image90
    K9keystrokesposted 6 years ago

What are the benefits of public school over home school?

2. Jonesy0311 profile image60
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

As far as knowledge and education, there is no benefit to public school. The only plus is that children have a chance to socialize. Statistically, home-schooled children are much smarter than those who attend piblic schools. However, they may have anxiety problems or not know how interact socially if they are not allowed to parooze around the outside world in their youth. The American public education system is disgusting and utterly worthless. I am a strong advocate of home-schooling.

3. BWD316 profile image87
    BWD316posted 6 years ago

as jonesy0311 states i think it comes down to the importance of socializing. The social interactions in school and after school activities like sports or clubs help with development and getting along with/working with others that might not agree with you, which is the way the world works.  I've never been homeschooled so i can't say public school is completely better, however i can say if done right, with valuable social interaction outside the home, it may be just as good or even better. I guess it comes down to circumstances and where you live

4. Learn Things Web profile image93
    Learn Things Webposted 6 years ago

From the point of view of knowledge and learning, I would say none. I think the real benefit of public schooling is easy access to clubs, activities and resources that many homeschooling parents can't easily provide. The local elementary school where I live provides so many different programs but the academics are mediocre. I homeschool through a charter school and they provide classes twice a week, which is really great. My child gets the benefits of both schooling and homeschooling, so it's the best of both worlds.