jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How would you educate your children: Home School, Public School, or Private Scho

1. nmdonders profile image83
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

How would you educate your children: Home School, Public School, or Private School?

If you were able to choose from the above, which would be your choice?  Do you have any good or bad experiences with any of them?

2. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

My plan is to homeschool. This way I can give them college textbooks to study from my previous courses for them to be ahead. I'm quite a fan of homeschooling. However, something must be done about the issue of friends during this time.

3. bankscottage profile image95
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

Our 4 boys attended public and private schools.  One even attended a boarding school.  If we had to do it over again, we would home school.  We had friends that home schooled their kids and there was no problem with socialization.  The local home school organization had regular get togethers.  Also between church youth groups, youth sports, scouting and countless other activieties you can put a child in, I don't see how you couldn't have your child get the social exposure you want for them.
    Charter schools and on-line schools didn't really exist when our kids were in school.  I would have to look at them.  I would consider a good charter school where the focus of the program (and the rules) was a good education for the kids.

4. Michelle Taylor profile image77
    Michelle Taylorposted 5 years ago

If I were to have children I would probably put them in public or private school.  I attended public school and I believe there are skills that can only be learned in a group setting.  The internet, through its anonymity, has created a generation that has no accountability and having classes on-line at an early age would only emphasis this.  I think most people would choose to home school their children because of the "bullying" that has made headlines recently.  However, as a person who was bullied in school I can say that the experience has made me a stronger person and a public education system is almost a rite of passage.

5. Addie Price profile image59
    Addie Priceposted 5 years ago

I have come to the conclusion that a charter school is the best choice for my children.  It is a public school that is able to meet the individual needs of my child.  Each child is unique and each school system or individual school is different so there is no general answer to this question because education is not a one size fits all.  I wish you the best in your quest for the best education and want to encourage you to fight for what is right for your child and do not settle at any point.